Went home and... SURPRISE!!!

Right on. Would love to see some pictures when you can.

My daughter just called me to tell me chick #9 hatched!!!! Can't believe how well this is going for my first time incubating and using a crummy incubator to boot!!!

me too!
# 16/ 18 just hatched. Looks like another is on the way. These are are taking their their time!
I saw an add for more eggs at 5 bucks a dozen close to here...so I ordered 2 dozen more...picking them up tomorrow!
Im ordering another incubator....I think Im addicted!

me too!
# 16/ 18 just hatched. Looks like another is on the way. These are are taking their their time!
I saw an add for more eggs at 5 bucks a dozen close to here...so I ordered 2 dozen more...picking them up tomorrow!
Im ordering another incubator....I think Im addicted!
#16?!? That is SO great! I'm very happy for you. What types of birds do you have? I have no idea what any of mine are. All I know is my boss brought 22 over one night. About FIFTEEN of them were roosters. It's no wonder I get so many fertile eggs...

I still don't think anything's going to happen with my last two. I'm leaving #9 in the incubator for a while, though. She seems pretty weak and is taking forever and a day to dry off. It has been 7 1/2 hours and she's still quite wet. Plus she's tiny. Need to let her gain some strength before I put her in with the big dogs, lol.

$5/dzn? That's a great deal. My birthday present from my husband is all the parts I'll need to build my own incubator. Now I just need to figure out what the heck I'm doing and get all the items I need figured out. Yes, very addicting.

Back
Top Bottom