What’s better chickens or ducks?

• Total voters
What’s your favorite Chickens or Ducks? What’s better chickens or ducks? Comment down below what you think and why. describe in detail why you prefer one over the other. Feel free to vote!
Chickens are cleaner, dumber, and tear up the garden beds digging pools for their dust baths. Ducks lay larger eggs, foul their water supply almost instantly, develop enduring loving relationships, have unique personalities per duck, and are intelligent enough to b trained.

I definitely favor ducks over hens even though they are dirtier. I used to write a blog called "The Saga of Quackers the Duck." <https://saga-of-quackers-the-duck.blogspot.com/> I anthropomorphized each duck and wrote about their daily richly emotional interactions. I thought it would eventually turn into a children's book, but was too full of raw sex, loss and death to be appropriate. I'm too busy now to write new episodes, but hope to resume writing once my major burdens are completed.

This year, one of my hens got so jealous of the newly hatched ducklings that she found a hidden duck nest and braved the unsheltered nights sitting for a month until one egg hatched and the rest exploded under her. She was a bad mother, showing no interest in controlling or educating her hatchling. I caught up the terrified hatchling before it got eaten by a predator and kept it in a nursery cage in the kitchen. She bonded on me and the other humans as her flock. Now we cuddle together every morning and night. I do think most people underestimate ducks. This duckling loves me, besides that I am the clear Alpha of all the flocks. Ducks are capable of the full range of emotions, and can clearly count.

well that would depend on your set up, on edge of town I don't have a pond so just keep chickens, they keep yard short weed eat and do bug control. Out at friends farm that had a pond we had equal flocks of chickens and ducks, best of both worlds 2 drakes/roosters and 17 hens of each lol
Best thing I can recommend to people just starting is do your research, it's like I love malamutes, but their needs would not be met here so I have to just enjoy watching them.
Take in your location what you want them for and land, then research the breeds that interest you for their needs before getting them

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom