What’s with this egg?

AmberLittlejohn

Songster
Mar 4, 2019
Upstate South Carolina
5D10EBE5-689D-4633-B0AE-ED82599CE31E.jpeg

One of my ee chickens keeps laying this type of blue banded egg. I noticed today there’s black raised spots all over it. Is this considered pimpling? I feed them 7 way, all flock pellets, and oyster shell daily. Is this potentially a health issue?

View attachment 3000519
One of my ee chickens keeps laying this type of blue banded egg. I noticed today there’s black raised spots all over it. Is this considered pimpling? I feed them 7 way, all flock pellets, and oyster shell daily. Is this potentially a health issue?
I see speckling, & some small calcium deposits.

I have given oyster shell both mixed and not mixed in the feed. I am currently nit supplementing with oyster shell, and I have one hen whose egg is bumpy a bit more than others.

Some birds have this tendency others it can mean they ate a bit too much extra calcium. You can try cutting back on the supplement to see if that is it or not.

If I think the egg shells are getting thin that is usually when I put extra shell out for the girls. I sort of eyeball the eggs, how hard they are to crack and just sort of adjust what I give them as needed.

Back
Top Bottom