What’s wrong with my ducks’ feet?

KittyIsQuackers

Quacking
Apr 4, 2018
East TN
One of my ducks, a female Welsh Harlequin named Dragon, started quacking a lot more than normal a week or two ago.
At first, I thought she was just excited about all the new plants and bugs that were suddenly popping up and telling her flock mates about all the new food, but then I started noticing that, after they all have their nap in front of their house and get up to go visit our small stream, she stays sitting much longer than normal, and she lags behind when they’re traveling anywhere. Even when I call them for their mealworms or sweet peas! (Whenever they see a large circular item in my hand, they all start quacking and crowd around me, hoping I have peas. One of them has knocked over the mealworm bag on several occasions just trying to sneak more worms, and they always have food in their house, so they’re not hungry. Their house is a ten second walk from the porch.)
I started getting a little worried, so I called them over and picked Dragon up. The bottom of her feet were a little swollen, and it looked a little like Bumblefoot, but she also had a spot on top of her foot that was pink and missing a few scales. A few of the others look slightly like hers, but near their claws instead of in the middle of their toes. The scab is not black, so I’m not too sure what it is. I got a few pictures of their feet, all of them except one as she likes to wander off and she doesn't have any of the lumps. I'll try to get another picture of her soon. Would any of you mind telling me what this is, and possible the best way to treat it? Here are the pictures.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    935.9 KB · Views: 40
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    656.1 KB · Views: 35
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    845.4 KB · Views: 35
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    858.5 KB · Views: 35
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    833.1 KB · Views: 35
After reading your post all I can say is...
You are a good shepherd and there will be a very big soft nest in heaven for you I am sure!
as for your foot issue- need close-ups but I always say turmeric coconut oil poultice.
(1 tsp Coconut oil, 1/8 to 1/4 tsp ground powdered Turmeric, mix all well into a paste apply directly on gauze pad and apply to tumor, wrap for 8 to 9 hours)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom