1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What an unusual coloured pretty Mutt I am....

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by pgpoultry, Oct 19, 2010.

1. pgpoultry

pgpoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2009
    Wales
    The mutt I am talking about is the cream coloured pullet in the centre of these two pics. between the Brahmas (Oh and Morticia, Naked Neck puts in an appearance on the second picture)

Her dad is Brahma, mum is Warren (=Light Sussex X RIR). I've taken pics. of her before because she is photogenic....well I think so at least. She's 23 weeks old now and, like her pure Brahma hatch mates is not even thinking about laying eggs this side of Xmas
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sandie

2. drdoolittle

drdoolittle Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2010
    NE Indiana
    She is very pretty![​IMG]

3. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Beautiful!

4. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Very pretty indeed!

5. pidgey104

pidgey104 Cochins R Us

Nov 10, 2007
    Panama City ,Florida
    she looks very much like my game/cochin hens that I have running around the farm. They always go into hiding then come out with 20 chicks. LOL

6. pgpoultry

pgpoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2009
    Wales
    Pidgey, love the avatar!

I would like it if she laid eggs.....but she shows no sign yet.....though two Brahmas I have went broody after laying only about 3-3 eggs each.

I would repeat the cross if the Warren who lays the eggs is still around next Spring...she's 4 which is positively geriatric for her type, the other 4 Warrens we had at the time have long stopped producing eggs.

7. lothefarmer

lothefarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2010
    CA
    she's so beautiful O:

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by