What are you canning now?

Sunday afternoon I got 5 jars of lime salsa, and one jar of tomato juice canned. Drained off those cukes today and have them in the canner right now, 3 1/2 pints.

I did 7qt spaghetti sauce yesterday would have been 10qt but we ate some for lunch and supper. Now on to apples today.

Did 5 gallons of bell peppers for the freezer . Canned 5 quarts of tomatoes . Yesterday was the hottest day so far 96 . I do my canning and blanching outside on the turkey burner . I use the deep pot and basket to blanch and then process in the water bath canner . You can heat water much faster and keep the heat out of the house . Plus you can duck into the house for AC .

Everyone is so productive right now. I need to make some cowboy candy before my jalapenos ripen too much. Getting our ghoat meatback tomorrow. $75 for 70 lbs. Can't beat that with a stick. Hope to make some sausage and can it ready for use.

I am so far ahead of all of you. My peppers turned red in June.
I made Christmas cowboy candy, red and green.
It's pretty.
big_smile.png

I'm overwhelmed. I have so many tomatoes to do and I picked a ton of peaches from my trees. Pluots are ripe and I haven't had a spare second to go out and pick them. I'm getting more and more buried by the day.

Oh, and I have zucchini bread that I need to make.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom