What are you canning now?

Quote:
They are the same but DIFFERENT!

Use a pressure canner for canning and pressure cooking...

ONLY use a pressure cooker for cooking, not canning!

They are not the same!

Oh I wish I had something smaller than pints!! this would look great in those cute little 1/4 pints...

Jalapeno Jelly
smile.png

407435_314557388575492_288816844482880_1086752_1380565518_n.jpg

also today I made ham and beans:
398516_314557275242170_288816844482880_1086750_1344490427_n.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
yes but you have to be careful and make sure you use the right canning method.... higher acid foods can be steam/ water bath canned... lower acid foods need to be pressure canned or frozen

Last edited:
Quote:
BEAUTIFUL JOB!!!!
Where is the recipe?
for the ham and beans!

For the jelly recipe- it came straight from the Ball Complete guide to Canning

For the beans I just do 1 cup dry beans per quart, add a handful of cubed ham, add 1/4 of an onion -diced, add seasonings (I used Hickory Smoked Salt and some pepper) Fill jar with boiling water leaving 1 inch headspace. Process at 10lbs for 90 minutes.

Don't forget to read my signature and share our link to make a difference in healthier jarred goods, and supporting family farms!!!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I would sooooooooooo appreciate it if you tweeted or facebooked the link.
big_smile.png

14 pints, 5 quarts sauerkraut..... would have had another 8 pints but that crock of kraut went funky, we didn't want to chance it. Chickens LOVED it though.
7 quarts of ham and beans from Barefootmom's recipe just came out of the canner. Plan on doing more of those, have enough ham and beans for another canner load.

Ok, I just learned how to make strawberry jam this summer and can it. I can't read 622 pages of this thread so forgive me if this post is redundant... but I really want to be able to can my husbands homemeade bbq sauce and my spaghetti sauce but I know that there is something that needs to be considered because both are fairly high acid sauces. Would I still be able to can it? What adjustments need to be made? Any advice is welcome...

Back
Top Bottom