What are you doing during Covid-19 Quarantine?

I'm allergic to the pesticides they spray on wheat
I never had gluten issues when I was younger. I think they have messed up wheat with all the GMO stuff. Or the "RoundUp Ready" cultivars, or whatever. I tell people, you want to swear at me, just say, "Monsanto."

Part of the reason I got chickens was so that I could have pesticide, herbicide, antibiotic free eggs. Right now the girls are on hiatus. :rolleyes:

may this year be about family!
YES!!!!! And friends, and health, and giving thanks, and joy, and gratitude.

I never had gluten issues when I was younger. I think they have messed up wheat with all the GMO stuff. Or the "RoundUp Ready" cultivars, or whatever. I tell people, you want to swear at me, just say, "Monsanto."

Part of the reason I got chickens was so that I could have pesticide, herbicide, antibiotic free eggs. Right now the girls are on hiatus. :rolleyes:

YES!!!!! And friends, and health, and giving thanks, and joy, and gratitude.
Egg-zactly!

It won't surprise me if Michigan ends up locked down again. I shudder to think what the Coronavirus numbers will be in another 10-14 days, after so many people decided to travel for Thanksgiving.

As much as I really wanted to have Friendsgiving as usual with our best friends, we didn't. I'm doing my best to help by staying home as much as possible.

Then I can spend time with my chickens and dog. And knit and maybe cook, and if I *have* to, I'll even clean the house! I don't have "I have to work in the garden" as an excuse anymore. :rolleyes: :oops:

As the years go by a lot of the things that didn’t bother me are starting to not sit well with my body. So I am much more selective in what I eat now.

I try my best to keep my kids away from GMO but it sure is everywhere! I’m glad they love fruit and ask for fruit. My nephews on the other hand eat all kinds of junk.

I'm about to go run some errands, I have a lot of shopping to do! Bills, Grocery, Christmas shopping! I want to get this stuff done today so I don't have to go anywhere untill christmas! I hope..... I will wear a mask and social distance since covid is bad down here I will check for eggs and start my errand run! I don't text and drive! This may take me all afternoon, but don't worry! I will meet you again tormorrow! about 8 that's when I get up! I will have more fun things to share with you! See you then! Stay safe!

I'm glad you have your kids eating fruit instead of junk! Good for you! :thumbsup

One thing I've noticed in the last few years is exactly what you mentioned: some things don't sit as well as they once did. I've found that I can see cause/effect with some foods that make me think twice about eating them. This has led to a better diet overall for me.

Doesn't mean I don't eat junk every now and then... Sweets are one of my weaknesses. I have gotten MUCH better, but like I said, every now and then...

Makes me glad I'm home and not out and about. Oh, the impulse sales tactics. Do they really need to sell candy bars at the garden center?!? Next thing you know, they'll have vending machines at the bank! They already have candy at the teller windows.

Back
Top Bottom