What are you making for HALLOWEEN?

One year when my kids were in grade school, I had no $$ and I took two old white pillow cases and cut a neck hole on the closed ends dyed the pillow cases light brown and sewed black, brown and orange bric a brac along the bottom and used rope to tie as belts for little Indian costumes, the head dress I used old woven belts and feathers. I took pics, but that was a long time ago. They came out real cute.

Terrielacy and Spotted Crow, you guys have been busy! Beautiful work!
clap.gif

I haven't done anything yet, can't believe it's October already... what happened to August?
Love the idea of dressing up the girls for Halloween, think I'll start a contest and BYCers can submit their photos of their chickens in costumes!
jumpy.gif
ya.gif

A chicken costume for the kid.
We decorate the house with a new theme every year.
Picked up more for that yesterday. I am not actually making any decorations this year.Last year I spent the month making decorations. Thank you Martha Stewart.
smile.png

Next Halloween is going to be nuts here, well more than usual. Since it falls on a Sat and that is the day we usually have dds birthday party. So next year Halloween comes inside the house as well.

That would be cute mudhen! I was so tempted to buy a chicken hat that I saw at Target for our kitten, but I resisted LOL! It would be sooo cute!! Has a little yellow beak and a red comb. Thanks Lunachick for the costume ideas!!!

big_smile.png
My work in progress

SANY0661.jpg

SANY0659.jpg

I actually sewed the feathers on with my sewing machine, I started by hand then gave up on THAT idea....
gig.gif

I'm adding another layer of tulle, half length to give more "poof" and more feathers... might as well use all those I dyed.

Last edited:
Quote:
We do to! My boss thought it would be fun to do country music folks. My boss is gonna be Waylon Jennings and I'm gonna be Willie Nelson, and I think our other cowhand is gonna be Johnny Cash. Now where to find the braided wig...

Last edited:
That's AWESOME, Wildsky!
Thanks, Muddie...
Those are really cool potholders, Terrie.

Mike, DS, has told me that he doesn't want me to make him a costume this year...sigh...So I just shelled out like $50 for him to be an Akatsuki member...

I have the perfect outfit for Obelisk...I won a Petco gift card in a contest...and I work there too...hmmm...

Back
Top Bottom