what bantams are the LEAST broody?

dixie lover

In the Brooder
11 Years
Feb 24, 2008
Missouri
Does anyone know if there is such a thing? I love the low feed consumption of the bantam but I don't get eggs when the hens are sitting on eggs, golfballs or empty nests.Yeah, I want it all.
big_smile.png
So, which bantams are the least likely to all go broody? Thanks.

Our Easter Eggers haven't gone broody on us at all and they laid pretty consistently over the winter.

Stay away from Silkies and Cochins! We had both and they wanted to go broody as soon as they began laying last Fall. We sold the Cochins to a wonderful family but still have the Silkies...all 3 girls are in chicken jail right now since they all decided to go broody together...I just want eggs!!!
barnie.gif

Hope this helps!

Dawn

this should be interesting. had partridge wyandotte bantams, one would go broody, the other one never did. Now with light brahma bantams, getting the same results. Most bantams that I've been around will go broody.

those w/leghorn bantams, do they go broody?

My d'uccles and Sebrights have never gone broody (yet - I've probably jinxed it now!). I only have one light Brahma, but she's never been broody.
And I agree, and you'll hear this from many others, that Silkies are often broody. I think one of my Silkie hens would try to hatch rocks if I let her. My frizzled cochin occasionally is broody also.

And I agree, and you'll hear this from many others, that Silkies are often broody. I think one of my Silkie hens would try to hatch rocks if I let her.

Ours are professional "air" hatchers....
lau.gif

Dawn​

Back
Top Bottom