missmaqs

Chirping
May 16, 2020
Phoenix
I had an awful bobcat massacre that wiped out half of my flock, so we were so excited that one of our remaining eggs hatched. I have no idea what breed she is as we have a few unique guys if you could lend a hand!
My roosters were a silver laced polish and a white silkie.
My hens were either black or gray silkie, spitzhauben, polish, or i have one frizzle/unknown what she is mixed with.
Any hints? I noticed she has black eyes and a tiny bit of fur down her legs. One day old.
Thanks!

Attachments

• 20220928_104151.jpg
    20220928_104151.jpg
    455.5 KB · Views: 28
Likely part silkie because of the black skin, I can’t tell on the other parent at this stage, but they were not white. Maybe Silver polish cross black silkie?

Update: we got another! So excited for my chick to have a little friend. This one hatched from either my black crested white polish egg, or my silver appenzeller spitzhauben egg. Dad must have been my white silkie because she's got some fur down the legs and black skin. Curious who the mom is! not sure if polish silkie crosses are supposed to have bouffants? No bouffant here.

Attachments

• chimera.PNG
    chimera.PNG
    1.9 MB · Views: 18
update in case someone else stumbles on this thread:
So the first baby was silver laced polish rooster with a black silkie. He is growing silver lacing.
Second was white silkie rooster with my spitzhauben. I am calling her a spitzkie.

Attachments

• Hopi - Lightroom Edit-210.jpg
    Hopi - Lightroom Edit-210.jpg
    979.6 KB · Views: 11
  • 20221023_140751.jpg
    20221023_140751.jpg
    779 KB · Views: 12

Back
Top Bottom