WHAT BREEDS ARE THEY?!

LittlePsycho

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jul 24, 2013

I went to get the mail this morning and I found the two big roosters (rows 1 and 2) in a box together by my mailbox. There was a note on the box that said "They attacked somebody, and we can't keep them anymore. Please take them." The younger one (row 3) is one I got from my neighbor a few days ago. So far, they are pretty friendly with people and they're getting along well with my young flock. The only problem is I have no idea what breed any of them are. They're all really pretty and BIG (except for the younger one), but they all seem to be a different type. I hope somebody can tell me exactly what I've got on my hands!
tongue.png

Those are all mixed breed boys, and fairly young, too--all look to be less than a year old.

The middle one is most definitely not an Ameraucana. He might have some Ameraucana blood in there somewhere, but wrong feather color, wrong comb, wrong leg color, not much of a beard... he probably does have enough Ameraucana blood in there to be considered an Easter Egger. He is quite a looker, though!

Last edited:
I have several rooster that look similar to these guys and they are out of easter egger hens. I am going to guess they are half EE roosters. just so you know breeding half blood roosters to your hens makes a super colorful and fun hatch. Here is a group i hatched out two weeks ago. they are now bigger and more colorful. It is kind of jun to have something different.

Both are mixes. They might have some Easter Egger in them. They are very pretty, especially the reddish one!

Those are all mixed breed boys, and fairly young, too--all look to be less than a year old.

The middle one is most definitely not an Ameraucana. He might have some Ameraucana blood in there somewhere, but wrong feather color, wrong comb, wrong leg color, not much of a beard... he probably does have enough Ameraucana blood in there to be considered an Easter Egger. He is quite a looker, though!
X2

Back
Top Bottom