What did you do in the garden today?

I didn't do any gardening today. I honestly didn't go outside except to take a bag of trash out. I did build little storage box for my seeds though. Is just some scrap plywood I had laying around, but it works. I'll likely swap it for something I can keep airtight in the fridge, but I was bored and needed something for now.
20220110_221244.jpg

Anybody use Jung Seed? They sent me a catalog today. Been around since 1909 and based out of Wisconsin. Send like they focus in the Great Lakes area. There's some interesting things in their catalog and their web specials. I didn't order anything, but keeping them in mind as I plan the flower and herb border for the garden fence.

I also recieved my Prairie Moon Nursery catalog today. Somebody on here referred them to me last year. I still have seeds from the order I made then that I'll be using this year. I haven't checked it the catalog yet for this year, but I do like the company.

Good frosty morning from New England. It was 7F when I rolled out of bed this morning then dipped down to 2F. That's not the windchill. I've used Jung seed and they were good. I'm really trying to stay more local now. I can usually find San Marzano tomato seeds around here. Sometimes they have starts for sale as well. I would suggest making your dowel rod frame a little more square @TJAnonymous so the netting won't hang directly on the plants, just a thought. So nothing happening in my garden today. We got a little dusting of snow overnight. I was shocked to see the plows hitting our little deadend street. I think a zamboni would be a better choice. LOL!

Being blessed Today-Friday with temps in the upper 40s - low 50s. I'll take it. We've earned it form the last 3 winters.
We really need precipitation.
Looked at Jungs. Their icicle apple looks interesting.
Still pondering a tunnel. Hmmm.
Rug #10 going on the loom, I need to find homes for these soon. LOL.
I'm starting to work backwards on when to start seedlings for the calendar. I'm looking at April 1, as I plant June 1st.
I don't bother with early spring veg here, our freezes can be so late and unpredictable. Unless I have a tunnel, hmmmm......

Being blessed Today-Friday with temps in the upper 40s - low 50s. I'll take it. We've earned it form the last 3 winters.
We really need precipitation.
Looked at Jungs. Their icicle apple looks interesting.
Still pondering a tunnel. Hmmm.
Rug #10 going on the loom, I need to find homes for these soon. LOL.
I'm starting to work backwards on when to start seedlings for the calendar. I'm looking at April 1, as I plant June 1st.
I don't bother with early spring veg here, our freezes can be so late and unpredictable. Unless I have a tunnel, hmmmm......
I start tomatoes at least 6 weeks out. I'm actually doing 8-10 weeks this year again like last year. But at 4 weeks they can still be pretty small. Of course, do what works for you. :)
ETA: Peppers get started early with tomatoes too.

Back
Top Bottom