What did you do in the garden today?

Dan, cool article about worms.  

[COLOR=333333]I had been thinking about ways to improve the orchard. One of the things I'd like to do is introduce worms. Not red worms, but garden worms. I was thinking about doing an experiment: The next time I have a couple of girls around on a rainy day, I plan to equip them with umbrellas and some cans, then send them out to play in the road. The goal: collect as many worms as they can gather. The plan: Put about 25 worms at the base of every other tree in the orchard. So, one of each pair of a particular species would get worms, and the other tree would have none. Then, note tree quality/growth the following year.[/COLOR]
Yeah, that's been my go to site for worm info for the last 3 years.

That sounds interesting.

I'm in 7 a, but I picked a 12 pound sugar baby watermelon and planted an apple tree I started from seed 2 years ago.

Picking hot peppers, tomatillos, and basil while watching the late tomatoes forming and all our cool weather leaf veggies growing.
Last thing to add a few beets, turnips, mustard greens, and radish.

1. You still have tomatoes growing?! Mine finished about ten days ago. I miss them already lol. What zone are you in?
2. How hard are the tomatillos to grow? I was thinking of adding them to my garden next year but I'm wondering if they're very picky or require a lot of care to do well.

Back
Top Bottom