What did you do in the garden today?

image.jpg
Cooper's hawk? Doesn't look like a red-tailed hawk to me. Heard an egg-song-esque commotion from my girl's run, and caught a pic of this bird when I went to see if anyone laid. There's times I'm okay with not free ranging my girls, and this is one.

How did your family come to live in Africa?
My father was an architect living in Kenya and my mother was an artist, sculptor working with him. I grew up in a wonderful house designed and built by my father, amongst some coffee plantations and some wild country so you can imagine what a super time a tomboy had in such surroundings. :love
Thanks from me, as well--lovely! I have great memories of the bougainvillea all over the hillside of of my in-laws' house in Trinidad. So beautiful, and you made me remember it again. Thanks!
Beautiful island, Trinidad. I vacationed on Tobago some years ago and loved it. I think that if I could split myself up into several different people, one of me would live in the Caribbean. Although, choosing which island would be a challenge!

View attachment 1495704Cooper's hawk? Doesn't look like a red-tailed hawk to me. Heard an egg-song-esque commotion from my girl's run, and caught a pic of this bird when I went to see if anyone laid. There's times I'm okay with not free ranging my girls, and this is one.
We have a coopers hawk as well as a couple of red tails that frequent the skies above us and my roos are very good at sounding the alarm when they hear that unmistakeable call. The hens all head for cover until the all clear is sounded.

Pickled purslane--interesting! I'm going to plant some more in the greens bed if it ever stops raining. Can't wait to hear how you do it!
Stuff grows like weeds in my garden. Never knew it was a 'super food' until last yr. Good just raw, good cooked, good pickled. Even the big stems are tender even raw out of the garden.

Back
Top Bottom