What did you do in the garden today?

Some updates:
I made it home finally about 15 minutes ago. Everybody is sleeping so I figured I would check on things and go to bed. I looked at the sweet potatoes I am trying to sprout slips off of on the counter and noticed they needed a water change. While dumping, rinsing and refilling the solo chips they are in I noticed these one of them:
View attachment 2031870View attachment 2031871
There are little roots started!

Then I decided I should check the two russet potatoes I put in the wire basket in the pantry. Look what I found there:
View attachment 2031874View attachment 2031875
The russets are starting to sprout!

You better believe I was excited about all this growth. Iut made me feel like Spring is finally here. Of course I just walked in from 16F outside. It's supposed to be 38F later today though, in the 40s tomorrow and and 50s on Sunday! Maybe Spring really is here... I'm not getting my hopes up though.
OMG! Thanks for the reminder to change my potato water !

It's happening!!!! Jazzie is a mother of one so far!!!! :D :D :D :D :D !!!!!!
Yesterday right before heading out to Lihue town to pick up DH and the dog crate w/ a little food and feed pick up. I checked in on Jazz and she had thrown a broken egg out of her nest. It apparently was an unfertilized one and had broken stink in her nest. Ugh... I had just gotten done fixing fence that hombre broke yesterday and was behind schedule... so I switched her nest w/o cleaning her up... I heard little chirping coming from and egg. YIPPEE!! If I get one out of this deal I will be thrilled. This morning when I went out to clean her and eggs up and switch nests again she had a little buff looking baby and a puka in another shell. She was completely unhappy about my intrusion so I was quick to get out with no photos yet... but this is most exciting!!!!!

20200221_115812.jpg

Mom's were Buff, Brahma or BR. Pretty sure that Sancho (below#1) is the dad or there is the small possibility Gus could be the baby daddy.
20200119_173252 (2).jpg

7418.jpeg

"
What did you do in your garden today?

Almost nothing. It didn't get above freezing till the middle of the afternoon.

Same here, but it was so sunny I couldn't stop myself. Ran around sowing poppy seeds (mostly Shirley and American Legion) and scratching columbine seed into the soil. Probably pushing it, but...worth a shot! The veggie garden soil is cold to the touch, but yesterday I was able to grab a nice friable fistful out with my bare hand. Spring is so close!

Back
Top Bottom