What did you do in the garden today?

Morning all. Flags are up and blowing in the wind.

Another .5 inches of rain last night.

The yard is infested with large groups of wild canaries with their fledglings. They're adorable. The babies are landing on the long dandelion stalks, which can't take the weight of the tiny bird, but almost do. When the chick lands, it slowly sinks to the ground. It's adorable!

The garage steps are done and dry. It's funny how you get used to things. I anticipated the step wobble when I went out to hang the flags. It sure was nice to have a solid footing.

I think today I'll work on more sewing. It's too damp and cool to paint the livestock chute. I'd just be miserable and be waiting forever for the coats to dry.

I still have tomatoes to plant, but as they are not an aquatic plant, they'll have to wait a few more days.

Good morning Gardeners, another beautiful day. Watered the raised beds, the planting deck, and the new roses. Going back out in bit once I finish my tea and my reading here. :caf

Need to thin the carrots, feed the rest, and figure out where to stick the popcorn plants that have turned into trees in the greenhouse. I think I'll just pick a spot on the edge of the wild area and dig it up and plop them there. Plus I still have about 4 blue asparagus looking for a permanent home. Maybe the fabric pots coming in the mail this week. And I've already decided to order more of those pots. How did I miss that those were a thing for so long? My free spirited radish planting resulted in exactly 4 radishes popping up so I'll have to try again in a more orderly fashion I guess.

Time to start moving the wood chips into the chicken run soon I think. The chickens should love it, that pile must have a lot of creepy crawlies in it by now.

Aloha gardeners,
Happy Memorial day all. DH put flags out yesterday- he's on it- no breezes for us, flags still look beautiful 💙🇺🇸💙🇺🇸💙🇺🇸💙
20200524_094810.jpg

Gunna be a hot and humid one for us :sick not my favorite but i'll live. Yesterday we put flowers on the dad's graves @ KVMC and said "hi", DH hotted up my brooder for me, I installed the cute white knobs on my coops, a motion sensor light on main coop just under the eave, picked up a few more banana plants/trees from the green waste, googled the heck out of R-Com incubators (I want, I want, I want!!! :jumpy) solved a few problems via text lol, cleaned bathroom and sat down for leftovers and a movie last eve. We watched the Biggest Little Farm on Prime. Has anyone else seen that one? Pretty darn good and worth a look especially for gardening peeps like us. It was a story, mostly about farming in harmony with nature. Tis a beautiful thing.
I talked garden a little with son's pretty girlpal. She is new to the garden scene and tells me what is working for her and not. I make helpful suggestions, push her towards composting and talk solutions to soil problems. When I mentioned to her about composting coffee grounds she said she uses them for facial and body scrubs. And that is the difference between me and beauty queens in a nut shell... it is all so clear now:gig
K. Picked up some horse poop and will plant bananas, thin carrots again, pick a little of this and that, go for a ride on the beach if the crazies are not out today. They know who they are... 🤨 and re-clean the bathroom after DH's beard trim lol.
It just dawned on me while giving my girls their second dose of Valbazen that I can not incubate their eggs... so, no drop off with pick up on Wednesday. 😭
Ok. Have an awesome day gardeners!!!! 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

Last edited:
Aloha gardeners,
Happy Memorial day all. DH put flags out yesterday- he's on it- no breezes for us, flags still look beautiful 💙🇺🇸💙🇺🇸💙🇺🇸💙
View attachment 2159454
Gunna be a hot and humid one for us :sick not my favorite but i'll live. Yesterday put flowers on the dad's graves @ VMC and said "hi", DH hotted up my brooder for me, I installed the cute white knobs on my coops, a motion sensor light on main coop just under the eave, picked up a few more banana plants/trees from the green waste, googled the heck out of R-Com incubators (I want, I want, I want!!! :jumpy) solved a few problems via text lol, cleaned bathroom and sat down for leftovers and a movie last eve. We watched the Biggest Little Farm on Prime. Has anyone else seen that one? Pretty darn good and worth a look especially for gardening peeps like us. It was a story, mostly about farming in harmony with nature. Tis a beautiful thing.
I talked garden a little with son's pretty girlpal. She is new to the garden scene and tells me what is working for her and not. I make helpful suggestions, push her towards composting and talk solutions to soil problems. When I mentioned to her about composting coffee grounds she said she uses them for a facial and body scrubs. And that is the difference between me and beauty queens in a nut shell... it is all so clear now:gig
K. Picked up some horse poop and will plant bananas, thin carrots again, pick a little of this and that, go for a ride on the beach if the crazies are not out today. They know who they are... 🤨 and re-clean the bathroom after DH's beard trim lol.
It just dawned on me while giving my girls their second dose of Valbazen that I can not incubate their eggs... so, no drop off with pick up on Wednesday. 😭
Ok. Have an awesome day gardeners!!!! 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸
I can just smell those plumeria blooms! Mahala or whatever the proper greeting is. Yes so much to think about today regarding personal and familial losses. BTW we just use howdy here in Texas.

Back
Top Bottom