What did you do in the garden today?

Now you're talking, can't wait for snow! :wee

We got the concrete pad poured at the run gate, glad thats done. Hope I don't need to get in the run for anything till it dries!

I may try drying some herbs @Wee Farmer Sarah - I have some sage I'd like to try. My mint took over & kind of squeezed out the thyme so I don't have much to dry. Is it a bad idea to do them at the same time? It seems like you do all yours separately? Any tips for me? I usually just throw them in the freezer & pull them out as needed, but I want to try drying.

My 2 new garden beds showed up, I think I'll wait till spring to put them together.
I dry mine separately so as not to mingle the aromas. I hope you planted your mint in a separate pot. The mint plants are very invasive and will grow and go wherever they like. I have 2 big pots and generally bring one inside to overwinter and to have fresh mint around for awhile longer.

Hey have had a great herb group onion chives, garlic, rosemarry. Then sage, thyme. oregeno.
not sure may be more oh the mint has a spot out front was here before us just keep it back in the one spot ..
Had one hatch from 4 blue I put in the little incubator.

Left the other three may I have the worst time candeling eggs but for brown ..

Ohhhh heck add Basil to herbs yes have great healthy herbs and lone peep having a fit..
003.jpg

SCORE!!! :thumbsup My garden shed is built out of two shipping crates.
I know, right? I love scavenging free useful things - last week I got a lower kitchen-type cabinet with countertop that has silly labels on the drawers, since it used to be in the workplace break room. This week I got some lockers - what a giant pain to remove, but they'll be useful to re-do the storage in my laundry room after I reconfigure and paint them. Those crates will have to sit awhile until these other projects are done, but even the current price of plywood makes these a huge score.
We're supposed to get some rain on Monday but I'll believe that when I see it. I'm so torn though, we really need more rain but my San Marzanos need another month of warm dry weather. Guess I needn't worry since I don't control the weather. :)
I'm torn as well - my baby trees and bushes suffered so much this dry summer, but my San Marzanos are starting to ripen, just picked the first of them today and started some sauce.

My ancient water-bath canner pooped out today! Filled it and put in on the stove, heard a weird noise - it was leaking from a dented spot that had finally burned through. I guess it will become a planter...I had to freeze the tomato sauce that was ready to can.
Good excuse to order a new canner!

I love scavenging free useful things - last week I got a lower kitchen-type cabinet with countertop that has silly labels on the drawers, since it used to be in the workplace break room. This week I got some lockers - what a giant pain to remove, but they'll be useful to re-do the storage in my laundry room after I reconfigure and paint them. Those crates will have to sit awhile until these other projects are done, but even the current price of plywood makes these a huge score.
It's gotten so that when I see stuff beside the road for trash pickup, I look at it and think, "Hmmm... What can I use that for? What chicken furniture can I make out of that?" :gig

I agree, in my old age I have a different view of recycling things. When I was young I wouldn't hesitate to throw anything out - not anymore. Heck when we take the toterhome out for the weekend I feel so guilty throwing away the coffee grounds instead of them going in the compost pile that I have considered a compost bin under the sink. :gig
I made a little roost for the babies out of scrap wood & a fallen branch I dug out of the burn pile yesterday. DH thinks I'm nuts. I use freecycle too, & we have a local buy nothing, sell nothing on FB too. It's great.

I despise oregano. I wish I liked it, but I can't stand the smell.

Got the pad poured. Chicks supposed to ship tomorrow. :wee

Back
Top Bottom