What did you do in the garden today?

Oh yeah, that reminds me, I covered my strawberries! :yesss:
I would love to remodel my bath. We only have one & there really isn't much we can do with it anyway - tiny cape on a slab & the furnace is in the closet next to the bath so we can't expand. Oh well, I'll live thru y'all!

Broth is done, got an italian wedding soup cooking for dinner now. Will pick some lettuce for soup & salad. Maybe I'll make some rolls. :idunno Chickens are enjoying the solids from the broth making.

My MB is the last remodel on the list. It's been waiting for 2 years. I just don't want to do it. LOL. I'd have it done in a week, if I would just get to it.
Windchill of 9 today, staying in.
MB needs to be done, but it’s fine…the other one was in real need. Some less-than-wise previous owner cut through one floor joist bc it was in the way of the shower drain…a floor joist. We knew this issue going into the project. Now, every joist under the bathroom is sistered and bolted to a brand new floor joist. The floor is now level -it wasn’t crazy unleveled, but enough that it was a good thing to just take care of it since it’s best if water drains where it is supposed to. Brand new subfloor installed. Maybe it was the same less-than-wise owner that redid some of the ceiling electric … this is why we have no ceiling. They used the claw end of a hammer to destroy a path in the ceiling drywall from A to B and C to D to put in wire, rather than make a hole in two places and feed it through. They corrected that with a 1/4” layer of drywall over the ceiling. Anyway, we knew it would be a process as we were already aware of the floor joist issue and so figured we would experience more of these less-than -wise decisions, and we were right!!

A couple weeks ago : look and you shall find the joist that was cut clean through. New joist were not in yet.
D9275610-C509-48BA-AE97-42A7676421DE.jpeg

Well it doesn't freeze here but that doesn't mean things will keep growing.. cool enough not much is happening. Broccoli is almost done so I can start feeding those greens to the quail. I should have fennel next month. I have a bucket of sweet potatoes curing on a seed mat, there is room left on the mat so I added a box and now kitty is warming his butt.

I pulled a bag of blackberries out of the freezer and made seedless sugar free blackberry jam yesterday.

The almost constant rain is a good excuse, plus extra hours at work due to holiday sales, but to be really honest I've been pretty lazy, spending more time wrapped in a blanket on the couch with the purring cat on my lap, watching old movies, than I really have excuses for.
I've been doing that a lot lately. The cold rainy days were made for that. Had to make a shopping run this morning but now I'm home and loath to move out of my lazy boy.
Now I’m watching zombies, might have a nap…
Do you get them a lot there? :) Had to ask, DP and I are taking part in a Christmas panto at a local live theater and one of DP's parts she's playing is a zombie. I'm the introvert so I work backstage, I'm the assistant sound tec. Oh and if you're wondering, we're doing Sleeping Beauty...with zombies added.
I have a bucket of sweet potatoes curing on a seed mat, there is room left on the mat so I added a box and now kitty is warming his butt.
So nice of you to take kitty's butt in mind. :) They always find those warm spots don't they?

Cold and raining today so only thing outside getting attention from me are the critters. The ladies are happy, I got some cheap greens from the store and hung a couple bunches in the run and there was great rejoicing. (yay) Penny is doing good, I walk her every morning with the prong collar (it really does make a difference) and even the neighbors we pass say she is doing better. We actually had some friends over and she quit barking at them sooner than I expected. We love her to pieces. Oh and DP just called the vet so we can get her checked out and they recommended that we try giving her a tiny piece of weed in a meatball and see if that helps mellow her out...well that works for me.

I've been doing that a lot lately. The cold rainy days were made for that. Had to make a shopping run this morning but now I'm home and loath to move out of my lazy boy.

Do you get them a lot there? :) Had to ask, DP and I are taking part in a Christmas panto at a local live theater and one of DP's parts she's playing is a zombie. I'm the introvert so I work backstage, I'm the assistant sound tec. Oh and if you're wondering, we're doing Sleeping Beauty...with zombies added.

So nice of you to take kitty's butt in mind. :) They always find those warm spots don't they?

Cold and raining today so only thing outside getting attention from me are the critters. The ladies are happy, I got some cheap greens from the store and hung a couple bunches in the run and there was great rejoicing. (yay) Penny is doing good, I walk her every morning with the prong collar (it really does make a difference) and even the neighbors we pass say she is doing better. We actually had some friends over and she quit barking at them sooner than I expected. We love her to pieces. Oh and DP just called the vet so we can get her checked out and they recommended that we try giving her a tiny piece of weed in a meatball and see if that helps mellow her out...well that works for me.
Pretty cool! Zombies and Sleeping Beauty sound like an interesting combo lol.

Back
Top Bottom