What did you do in the garden today?

I do have a chicken tractor, but it takes 2 to 3 weeks for them to ...clearcut..an area and about week 2 it gets really nasty because the grass is not quite dug up yet but the turds are really starting to pile up on it. and when you move it, stuff almost immediately starts to grow there. however with that, you DO bring up a good cheat... throw some snacks down into the area you want dug up. or better yet, just point at it and say NO, STAY OUT... they'll have it tore up for you in no time.

aaron

I do the very same thing! Now they all look forward to the jam!
I got out of even doing that. Always ended up with the same parasite relatives, you know the ones, ONLY call you when they want or need something, otherwise it's crickets. Come the holidays, all of the sudden, oh you are their 'FAVORITE' yah go %$^#%$ yourselves I know what you are up to, the Aaron ATM is closed. I used to do the gift thing but then after a few years of, well so and so is mad at you, umm why? well you got THIS person a gift worth 100 dollars and theirs was only worth 60 dollars. Ok, and.. well you really NEED to make sure each gift is equal. Actually NO, I don't. You want equal, no problem, moving forward, you all get equal NOTHING from me. Haven't heard from 2 of them since, that was the best 100 dollars ever I DIDN"T SPEND !!! I don't even call anymore TBH, not worth the waste of time, pretending you give a crap how they are doing. why lie?

Aaron

I think the use of wood ash depends on your soil. Peach trees don’t like acidic soil and my previous neighbor had planted a line of blueberry bushes near where my peach tree is growing. I didn’t get any peaches until after using some of my pellet stove ash around the tree. I’ve gotten good harvests for the past 2 years. My apple trees stopped blooming a few years ago so I thought I would try the ashes with them. I also put ashes on the bed I’m planning on using for summer squash next Spring. Acid loving plants have been doing very well the past 2 years so I suspect toning down the acid level in specific areas might be helpful. Fingers crossed. On a different subject: We are no longer in a drought condition here in Central Massachusetts, just very dry. That is good news for me.

I got out of even doing that. Always ended up with the same parasite relatives, you know the ones, ONLY call you when they want or need something, otherwise it's crickets. Come the holidays, all of the sudden, oh you are their 'FAVORITE' yah go %$^#%$ yourselves I know what you are up to, the Aaron ATM is closed. I used to do the gift thing but then after a few years of, well so and so is mad at you, umm why? well you got THIS person a gift worth 100 dollars and theirs was only worth 60 dollars. Ok, and.. well you really NEED to make sure each gift is equal. Actually NO, I don't. You want equal, no problem, moving forward, you all get equal NOTHING from me. Haven't heard from 2 of them since, that was the best 100 dollars ever I DIDN"T SPEND !!! I don't even call anymore TBH, not worth the waste of time, pretending you give a crap how they are have doing. why lie?

Aaron
I just have 2 sisters and fortunately we talked the gift issue out years ago. I am the least “flush” in the family and I pretty much told them I couldn’t buy them expensive gifts they don’t want, since I’m also the most feral and lack the decorating gene. We have been doing a white elephant gift exchange which ended up being really really fun. We all end up laughing our heads off which is is exactly what we all need on Christmas Day!

Hey all, finally home from the hospital, back surgery went well. Getting around pretty good with a walker for now. 2nd surgery is 12/23 & then I’m looking forward to healing & less pain. Maybe a garden this summer, maybe not. We shall see.

Brain is a bit mushy with the drugs so catching up will do no good, lol. Hope all is well with everyone. ❤️

Hey all, finally home from the hospital, back surgery went well. Getting around pretty good with a walker for now. 2nd surgery is 12/23 & then I’m looking forward to healing & less pain. Maybe a garden this summer, maybe not. We shall see.

Brain is a bit mushy with the drugs so catching up will do no good, lol. Hope all is well with everyone. ❤️
Glad you're back and on the way to not being so broken. (Even if you are mushy).

We exchange gifts with a couple friends. DH and I get ourselves something we need/want, and we call it good. Oh, and of course we give the dog presents!
Well, ok maybe I lied a little bit back there.
The Bird gets presents. I go out and buy him a fruit cup from the store and let him have at that for a few days. Can't let him just have it or it'd be devoured in one sitting and he'd have the squirts for the next 3 days, so have to throttle his snacks.. It's like he knows too, it took about maybe 3 years, (give him a break its only once a year!) but I'll come in one day and show it to him and he gets all happy and excited and starts dancing around on top of the cage etc. He's like a little kid only you can't make him go clean his room :p

Aaron

Did you get a fusion? if so I can give you info about going thru that. I had the L4-5 and some of the C's done. Give yourself 4 to 6 weeks to do little things. 8 weeks to 'on paper' be able to go back to work and be 'normal' but in reality a good year before it really feels 'normal' to the point you can do what you used to once do ... again.

Aaron

Anyone ever used one of these? I've looked at reviews on multiple sites. It's getting a 4 out of 5 stars, generally. Reviews seem positive. Harbor Freight has them for $8.99. Seems like a good buy if they work.

Screenshot_20221208-175602_Chrome.jpg

Back
Top Bottom