What did you do in the garden today?

My passionfruit in a pot was hitting the eave so it had to go in the ground. I set up a trellis, but nobody in town had t-posts over 6' so it's a little shorter than I wanted.

Watering every day this week, it's supposed to be sunny and 80+ from now till Friday. Filling watering cans at the pond is getting old. Did plenty of reading over the weekend so I see some kind of barrel + drip tape setup in my future.

I may have stumbled on the chive/onion seed germination issue - tropical onion seeds can die if not properly acclimated to humidity? Wonder if that applies to all alliums - I will follow this suggestion next time in case it helps. https://www.echocommunity.org/en/resources/e853fedc-7281-4742-9deb-1e4d89347e22
FYI top rail on chainlink fence come in 10 and 20 foot lengths. I have used them for tall posts.

Garden season 2023 has officially started in my house. 104 Leek cells started. 6 varieties. Two are from last year, and I know onion seeds lose viability after the first year, so we will see if those cells sprout.

DD8BCA3C-A30D-4EB5-A63F-8F56E10B11EA.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom