What did you do with your flock today?

Not a close up but Smudge now .. Also he gets jealous, Bob our outside cat he is Snows best bud. He does sleep in the screenroom so carried him out. Pugsly got his growl on he loves Bob any other time :gigBut it is him grown
003.jpg
007.jpg

Aloha gang,
I shuffled around the B team roosters last eve. Was not liking what I had going on with the personalities and stations. Trying to hold onto 4 roosters in a small space is challenging to say the least. Pretty sure I was crazy to try breeding 3 breeds in the first place. 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ Well, we will see. I am again pondering rehoming Captain Jack.

Need to scrape boards and scrub waters today. Should pick up some mulch too for keeping smells down, happy chickens, a pretty run and a happy DH.

Now that I have my truck back from the shop and the door to the water heater closet all pau or finished, I hope to go get some more beach wood for roosting ladder's and some fresh grass for nesting material while nature is still providing.

Girls are still pumping out eggs. I have a space between my auntie/neighbor and my main coop that I have always wanted to make a cool stacking nest box for but instead I wedged 2- 5? 7? gallon plastic pots on their sides yesterday and then stuffed with grass. I got 2 eggs in them :D . We have a BUNCH of wild hens who will be looking for a safe place to lay soon and wild chicken eggs are delicious. They have been freeloading since a week old or so, sleep in my trees... yep, want their eggs. Random nest boxes help the noise level as they will more likely be able to sneak in and out faster w/o being noticed or verbally assaulted by my screaming flock.

K. all, Happy Monday!!!

Last edited:
I weighed all of my chickens for fun today. I wanted to just do my new birds, but that turned to everyone after I remembered some of my girls were broody/recovering from being broody last time.

Beigie, 4yo cream legbar: 5lbs

Molly, 3yo Brahma: 6lbs
Irene, 3yo GLW: 5lbs
Watson, 3yo speckled sussex: 5lbs

Nugget, 1 1/2yo RIR: 5-6lbs
Beckett, 1 1/2yo black sexlink/BCM mix: 5lbs
Puff Puff, 1 1/2yo cochin: 4lbs
Papa Smurf, 1 1/2yo EE: 4lbs

Santa, 1yo salmon faverolles: 4lbs
Coco, 1yo salmon faverolles: 4lbs
Nikki, 1yo salmon faverolles: 3lbs

Elphie, 1yo black sexlink: 4-5lbs
Os, 1yo EE: 4lbs
(These guys just turned 1yo yesterday!)

Yennifer, 10mo sapphire gem: 6lbs
Geralt, 10mo sapphire gem: 5lbs

Roach, 10mo Polish: 4lbs
Toad, 10mo Polish: 3-4lbs
Phyllis, 10mo Polish (with a bad leg): 2-3lbs

It said that Iris was only 8lbs, but I don’t really believe that. Last time I weighed them he was 12lbs, and I doubt he lost 4lbs in a year. A few of his toes were hanging off the scale, so I think that threw it off. He also feels as heavy as Yen and Gary put together (although less squirmy XD), so that would leave him at 11-12lbs.

I weighed all of my chickens for fun today. I wanted to just do my new birds, but that turned to everyone after I remembered some of my girls were broody/recovering from being broody last time.

Beigie, 4yo cream legbar: 5lbs

Molly, 3yo Brahma: 6lbs
Irene, 3yo GLW: 5lbs
Watson, 3yo speckled sussex: 5lbs

Nugget, 1 1/2yo RIR: 5-6lbs
Beckett, 1 1/2yo black sexlink/BCM mix: 5lbs
Puff Puff, 1 1/2yo cochin: 4lbs
Papa Smurf, 1 1/2yo EE: 4lbs

Santa, 1yo salmon faverolles: 4lbs
Coco, 1yo salmon faverolles: 4lbs
Nikki, 1yo salmon faverolles: 3lbs

Elphie, 1yo black sexlink: 4-5lbs
Os, 1yo EE: 4lbs
(These guys just turned 1yo yesterday!)

Yennifer, 10mo sapphire gem: 6lbs
Geralt, 10mo sapphire gem: 5lbs

Roach, 10mo Polish: 4lbs
Toad, 10mo Polish: 3-4lbs
Phyllis, 10mo Polish (with a bad leg): 2-3lbs

It said that Iris was only 8lbs, but I don’t really believe that. Last time I weighed them he was 12lbs, and I doubt he lost 4lbs in a year. A few of his toes were hanging off the scale, so I think that threw it off. He also feels as heavy as Yen and Gary put together (although less squirmy XD), so that would leave him at 11-12lbs.
That's a bunch of big chickens! :love

8F25F815-6C0D-4A0C-A9F0-2670331E8B7D.jpeg
Got a wind chime for outside the run...but run isn’t done yet, so it’s living by my back door for the time being. It’s windy today and I’m enjoying the music while waiting on my second grader to get his brain wrapped around cursive handwriting!

I enjoy a good deal and managed to get this 36” chime for $12!

Last edited:
That's a bunch of big chickens! :love
It really adds up when they all pile on my lap, lol.
We would weigh after butcher never weighed a live bird :frowCould help know when one is needing meds or ill.
I never thought about weighing them when they're sick, but that might actually be useful.
View attachment 2614447Got a wind chime for outside the run...but run isn’t done yet, so it’s living by my back door for the time being. It’s windy today and I’m enjoying the music while acting on my second grader to get his brain wrapped around cursive handwriting!

I love it!

View attachment 2614447Got a wind chime for outside the run...but run isn’t done yet, so it’s living by my back door for the time being. It’s windy today and I’m enjoying the music while waiting on my second grader to get his brain wrapped around cursive handwriting!

I really like wind chimes, yours looks different than any of mine ... I like the design. Good luck with your new run.

Back
Top Bottom