What did you make from your garden today?

Pics
By New Years, I hope I'm getting enough fresh eggs to make a frittata again. Lots of onions and garlic (home grown), maybe some fried potatoes? (home grown). Then add a purchased head of broccoli (not much of a fan, but like it this way), and some spinach. Maybe someday I'll have some home grown spinach to put in one...? It doesn't do well here.
Try Swiss chard.

I made this with the last zucchini from the garden.I also used some of the hot peppers as well as sweet.
IMG_20231204_162245.jpg

I harvested Lion's mane and shitake mushrooms yesterday as well as Napa cabbage, so I made shrimp and mushroom eggrolls and fried rice today. So good, I wish you all could try it! The lion's mane faint taste of white crab meat and pleasant slight chewy texture went so well with the shrimp and shitakes for a great eggroll! The fried rice I added stir fried and seasoned chopped pork chop with the mushrooms and shrimp and it was devastated quickly by myself and my hungry wife and friend as well. They say Lion's mane is good for your brain health so I am hoping!

I'm to the point where I have potatoes, sweet potatoes, onions, and garlic for garden ingredients now. Along with canned tomatoes, of course. And eggs, soon.

I won't have anything else until next spring. Sigh.

Still, with just those ingredients and 2-3 others from the store, I can make a lot of yum.

Back
Top Bottom