What did you make from your garden today?

Pics
I am doing shrimp eggrolls today with Napa cabbage, green onions, celery, carrots, shitakes from the garden and fresh mung bean spouts. I love eggrolls and make them every week when the garden has the ingredients. Homemade plum sauce made from local peaches and plums from across the street for dipping goes good for me. I grind my own mustard powder to use as well for a condiment, the fresh ground mustard has the best flavor that is intense for taste thrill seekers like me. A few drops of sweetened or plain rice vinegar and a splash of water, with a pinch of salt mixed to your favorite consistency for a simple Chinese style mustard dipping sauce. I am starting as soon as I get back from the pharmacy, Yum. Lunch will be nice. Wish you all could have lunch with me today! Happy New Year!

I am doing shrimp eggrolls today with Napa cabbage, green onions, celery, carrots, shitakes from the garden and fresh mung bean spouts. I love eggrolls and make them every week when the garden has the ingredients. Homemade plum sauce made from local peaches and plums from across the street for dipping goes good for me. I grind my own mustard powder to use as well for a condiment, the fresh ground mustard has the best flavor that is intense for taste thrill seekers like me. A few drops of sweetened or plain rice vinegar and a splash of water, with a pinch of salt mixed to your favorite consistency for a simple Chinese style mustard dipping sauce. I am starting as soon as I get back from the pharmacy, Yum. Lunch will be nice. Wish you all could have lunch with me today! Happy New Year!
I wish I was having lunch there too! Homemade egg rolls!!!! That would be the best thing I ever ate! :drool

The pumpkin bread would be a good idea. I cut the sugar down to 2 cups instead of 3. It was moist and had crispy edges.
I love pumpkin bread with pecans or walnuts and often cut the sugar back some! I still have a bunch of pumpkins so I need to make more pumpkin bread and pies this winter before they start going bad. The Seminole pumpkins can last up to a full year in storage but some start going bad after about three or four months.

:drool Oh, my, that sounds delicious! I'm fascinated by the thought of home made mustard...!
I make stone ground (in a large stone mortar) honey mustard as well as the Chinese style and it is fantastic on a baked ham sandwich! I like to use malt vinegar in it as one ingredient, that also works well with regular mustard. Sometimes wine or cider vinegars, instead, and turmeric , garlic are common ingredients. I use yellow and brown mustard seeds in some and only yellow in others.(like traditional hamburger mustard).

Back
Top Bottom