What did you make from your garden today?

Pics
Lunch sandwich! This was sooo delicious I made it with the eggs from our hens and we have a bunch of cherry tomatoes and basil ready from our garden, and also some onions we got today. I also like to sprinkle some habanero on top of it, I love spicy things!! :celebrate

sandwich.JPEG

Lunch sandwich! This was sooo delicious I made it with the eggs from our hens and we have a bunch of cherry tomatoes and basil ready from our garden, and also some onions we got today. I also like to sprinkle some habanero on top of it, I love spicy things!! :celebrate

View attachment 3278730
That looks so tasty! What kind of bread is that?

Gonna attempt pizza sauce today in small jars so we dont waste so much when buying at stores...so got some little jars and praying I can keep stirring it til it cooks down well.
Any tips for thickening it up without using tomato paste?
When I cook down DH's salsa, I just put it on very low and let it simmer away. I stir it every now and then. If the heat's too high, it'll scorch.

When I cook down DH's salsa, I just put it on very low and let it simmer away. I stir it every now and then. If the heat's too high, it'll scorch.
Yep that's what I did...in order not to bubble I kept turning it down and stirring...no sticking!!! And it got pretty dang thick! I was amazed!
We havin homemade pizza Tuesday with the grandbabies! True testers!!!

Sliced up some cucumbers for our salad tonight…last two cukes are in the fridge. I don’t want to cut them yet since I know it will be 8 months until I eat another fresh one! Last zucchini was eaten yesterday. At least I still have an abundance of tomatoes turning red on the counter. Time to start relying on kale, cabbage, potatoes & squash!

Sliced up some cucumbers for our salad tonight…last two cukes are in the fridge. I don’t want to cut them yet since I know it will be 8 months until I eat another fresh one! Last zucchini was eaten yesterday. At least I still have an abundance of tomatoes turning red on the counter. Time to start relying on kale, cabbage, potatoes & squash!
I know what you mean about the cucumbers! The ones we grow now aren’t those bitter things that our parents grew.

Back
Top Bottom