What did you make from your garden today?

Pics
We'll be making Jalapano poppers later this evening! First year gardening with hubby and hes obsessed with his peppers! He wants to create all things with peppers. Starts like this "hey babe, we can even use the peppers to make......" this intro to conversation has been going on for 2 weeks now, lol. What to do with a gallon size bag filled with dehydrated cayenne peppers now. Keep em away from me! Habaneros already hurt my feelings. "Hey babe, can you guess the scoville level of this pepper"? Its 1 million!!!! Oh for crying out loud I say. Literally, like i was doing 2 days ago after handling his habaneros with bare hands! 🌶😮‍💨😜🥵
Lol! I think your husband and mine must be related because he does the same thing. This year I'm super thankful he bypassed the idea of growing carolina reapers! We smoked anddried out a bunch of sweet spicy peppers two years ago and have our own paprika.which was fun(i had no clue what paprika was made out of until we got pimentos). I think the hatch peppers are the family favorite.

Corn should be hitting the corner stands anytime now! My FAVORITE summer veggie!!! I can only hope to find a price that awesome.
It is $7 a dozen here. Definitely a favorite and staple at our house so I will buy and freeze enough for 3 meals a month during the winter.

Canned up some onion, pepper and tomato mix for hotdishes this winter. Dump and bake!

Well I'm TRYING to make chicken and dumplings with mashed potatoes but my Instant Pot is not cooperating...
y1WDIwAZRSmru.gif

I overlooked this cucumber, how, I don’t know, and it grew into a monster...
View attachment 3207048
It weighed 3 1/2 lbs! I cut it open and was surprised it was, amazingly, still edible....it wasn’t that bad. We ate part of it tonight in a cucumber tomato salad with some of our tomatoes.
View attachment 3207049
The variety is called Sweet Success. I am going to be more vigilant in searching for cukes from now on.
Cukezilla, holy moly!

THIS! Yuuummmmm.....

1660953233456.png

My recipe:

VERY MILD TOMATO SALSA ~ Makes 20 pints
16 pounds of peeled, seeded, and chopped tomatoes
(about 24 cups?)
3 pounds seeded and chopped poblano peppers (6 cups)*
5 pounds of chopped onions (8 cups)
2 cups chopped cilantro, tightly packed
30 cloves of minced garlic
2-1/2 Tablespoons kosher salt
2-1/4 cups apple cider vinegar
~ Combine all ingredients in a large stockpot, bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Ladle hot salsa into hot jars, leaving 1/2" headspace. Adjust 2-piece caps. Process 20 minutes in a boiling water-canner.
*Wear gloves when handling peppers, even mild ones like poblanos, to prevent hands from being burned.

Back
Top Bottom