What did you make from your garden today?

Yall this was an amazing dish tonight...even DH loved it and wanted some more for leftovers and he doesn't normally eat leftovers without complaining so I started freezing meat in 1 meal portions!
He was pretty disappointed!
Here's a pic of mine before I added the fresh basil (forgot I got so carried away til I went to sit down n eat it!)

https://thealmondeater.com/baked-caprese-chicken/

Attachments

• IMG_20220801_184015_498~2.jpg
    IMG_20220801_184015_498~2.jpg
    994.8 KB · Views: 10
I overlooked this cucumber, how, I don’t know, and it grew into a monster...
View attachment 3207048
It weighed 3 1/2 lbs! I cut it open and was surprised it was, amazingly, still edible....it wasn’t that bad. We ate part of it tonight in a cucumber tomato salad with some of our tomatoes.
View attachment 3207049
The variety is called Sweet Success. I am going to be more vigilant in searching for cukes from now on.
We are growing sweet success too! It seems to not be the best producer and some have died due to wilt, but some are hanging on.

Today was a loaded omelet. Home grow potatoes, eggs, onions, tomato. Store bought spinach. Wish I'd remembered that I had some air fried green beans I could have added too.

I'll have gobs of tomatoes, potatoes, onions, garlic. And eggs until they ladies go on break. There are lots of meals you can make out of those ingredients, with one or two other things thrown in.

I think Im going to do an omelet with veggies this morning too, @Sally PB !

Last night I was hot, tired & cranky. We had a heat advisory so no cooking for me. DH threw hotdogs in the air fryer quick, and I sliced up cherry tomatoes, cucumber, an onion and mozzarella. Added dressing made from oil, vinegar, Dijon mustard, mayo & sour cream. Normally I prefer to make a bunch of sides but it was cool & refreshing and the perfect compliment to the hotdogs, and the kitchen stayed cooler.

I think Im going to do an omelet with veggies this morning too, @Sally PB !

Last night I was hot, tired & cranky. We had a heat advisory so no cooking for me. DH threw hotdogs in the air fryer quick, and I sliced up cherry tomatoes, cucumber, an onion and mozzarella. Added dressing made from oil, vinegar, Dijon mustard, mayo & sour cream. Normally I prefer to make a bunch of sides but it was cool & refreshing and the perfect compliment to the hotdogs, and the kitchen stayed cooler.
I've been making tomato, cucumber, dill, and feta salads with olive oil and garlic all summer, I just love them they're so fresh! Sometimes I'll make it for dinner with grilled chicken and hummus 😋

Back
Top Bottom