What did you make from your garden today?

He gave it the old college try! šŸ¤£

My mom used to make a sweet garlic pickle that started with kosher dill pickles. It's probably cheating. My point though, is they can be re-pickled. Don't see why you couldn't try that. šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø
I must have covid buds still cuz I didn't think they were THAT bad lolol!

I follow the ā€œWhat did you do in your garden todayā€ thread, and the ā€œWhatcha Making for supperā€ thread. I thought it would be cool for those of us who have gardens to share recipes and meals that we are making seasonally to give others some inspiration for food ideas!

Today at lunch I did not want *another* salad. I chopped an onion, small zucchini, and pepper, sautƩed in oil, added kale and an egg and cooked til the onion was starting to carmelize. Delicious, healthy & filling!

What are you making from your garden today? šŸ˜Š
Here is a pic, I made this again for breakfast today, but I used quail eggs instead of chicken!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    384.7 KB · Views: 6
I overlooked this cucumber, how, I donā€™t know, and it grew into a monster...
0A1F1EF9-7910-40AF-BF4A-1A636F3F70BB.jpeg
It weighed 3 1/2 lbs! I cut it open and was surprised it was, amazingly, still edible....it wasnā€™t that bad. We ate part of it tonight in a cucumber tomato salad with some of our tomatoes.
7BE5DBDD-CF66-4A17-B749-446F1D1EC35F.jpeg
The variety is called Sweet Success. I am going to be more vigilant in searching for cukes from now on.

I overlooked this cucumber, how, I donā€™t know, and it grew into a monster...
View attachment 3207048
It weighed 3 1/2 lbs! I cut it open and was surprised it was, amazingly, still edible....it wasnā€™t that bad. We ate part of it tonight in a cucumber tomato salad with some of our tomatoes.
View attachment 3207049
The variety is called Sweet Success. I am going to be more vigilant in searching for cukes from now on.
Woah!

Back
Top Bottom