What do pregnant women like to here?

Quote:
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
great advise!!! LOL I agree with the no touching comments too.

Quote:
I see her everyday, all day. I think it would be a little awkward to not say anything, lol.

I would want my privacy too. Just say congratulations once and from then on act like nothing is different unless SHE brings something up. Otherwise you could be seen as a pain or intruding. Just because YOU want to talk about her pregnancy does not mean she wants to talk about it all day to everyone she sees. Be considerate, courteous and more respecting of her privacy. This is an emotional time for her and she probably wants to stay at ease and not deal with a lot of unnecessaray stress. By the end of 9 months, if you are seeing her everyday, you will realize that there is no point in thinking of conversations about pregnancy. It can get old very quickly

So say congratulations and be done with it.

PS I like the idea about taking her an apple each day if you are really concerned. Tell her it's for her baby.

Last edited:
Nothing much that people asked or said when I was pregnant really bothered me. I thought some was kind of silly like "You haven't had that baby yet?" Duh, can't you see?. But what aggravated the snot out of me was starting right after and continuing for years after my daughter was born, people kept bugging me about when I was going to have another. I kept telling them I wasn't, but some people were never satisfied and just kept asking.

Quote:
Yeah, people have been telling me lately that I should "get a move on it." I have no idea what makes them think my reproductive choices are any of their business.

I think you should take a cue from whatever she does (or doesn't) say about it, herself. If she is having a miserable pregnancy, be sympathetic (don't try to cheer her up, but don't be negative, just sort of like 'geez, that must not be much fun, throwing up six times before breakfast!'). If she's all excited, be all excited with her. Etcetera.

If and when you get to the point of thinking about a gift, I would highly recommend a) stay away from cutesy pootsy impractical clothing -- if you get clothing, make it onesies or sleepers that are medium colored, patterned, and not made of anything that will be bothered by getting crusty or slimy
wink.png
. And b) consider getting a sling type carrier, or at least some form of carrier, probably *not* one of the Baby Bjorn type ones that use buckles and straps to affix the kid to your front. If you get a sling or other carrier made by a SAHM, and it doesn't come with good directions, you can download good advice and even video clips from www.mamatoto.org .

JMHO,

Pat

DONT TOUCH THE BELLY!!!!

I hated when people would come out of nowhere and start rubbing my belly

Last edited:
* DON'T ask her "How are you feeling today??" (It's such a dumb question!) more than once a month. Feelings are usually pretty obvious in expectant women and if you give it 3 minutes, you'll know!!

Say nothing more than congratulations. Having a pregnant wife at this very moment, you have no idea how they're going to respond to any comment you make. For example, two nights ago I said to the wife; "It looks like your belly button is going to turn in to an outie soon". She was ticked. So, say nothing, and I mean nothing.

I'll be the bad guy.. I'm sick of hearing people say "All pregnant women are beautiful". No, sorry, they're not. Of course, typically those that aren't weren't much to look at to start with. So filling their heads with "You're so beautiful" intices them to wear less clothing. Please, please, do not encourage this behavior! We already have enough chubbies walking the earth with their stuff hanging out. Yuk. Exercise modesty, keep it covered up. Preggo or not.

Back
Top Bottom