What do you feed your dog?

Yeah there si a big difference in the poops when you feed good quality food!
when my dogs were RAW fed they has firm poops that dried up and went to powder...and best of all NO smell!

My dog, Moses, only eats Mighty Dog Dog food. It must the the ground up kind, not the flaky meat kind. He refuses to eat any form of dry dog food!! Always have from the time we got him at the age of 2 months old. We bought him at a Pet Store who fed him the Diamond Dog Food, (dry); and when we brought him home, he reluctantly ate the stuff. Now get this, he loves the cat's dry Meow Mix or any dry cat food I give my cats!! Go figure!
big_smile.png

Quote:
Not to be negative...but have you heard about all the dogs dieing now from specifically Nutro-Max?? It's been all over my dog lists.

Could you point me in the direction of info about Nutro Max? My husband picked up the wrong kind (Max instead of Natural Choice) last time we got food, and his dog has not been acting right.

Oh my gosh! I had no idea that people were having so much trouble with Nutro! My eldest dog has been throwing up unexplainedly for maybe a month now. I'm off to the store to switch foods!

I work for a vet. She reccomends Royal Canin Potato&Duck food for most dogs. They have a ton of other varieties as well. They're known for their "short ingredient list". We use it for the dogs that board at the clinic, and even the pickiest eaters chow it down. However, it's very pricy!

Our 3 pups eat Innova Evo. After doing a lot of research, we wanted to feed raw...but we're vegetarians and had a hard time with the "ew" factor. We recongize a dog's need to be a carnivore....but us? Not so much!!
lol.png
This was the closest compromise we could come up with. It's a dry kibble, but it's all meat (no grains) and I believe it is either dehydrated or cooked at low temps to preserve nutrients.

We have 3 pit bulls/bully mixes, all of which weigh ~50 lbs apiece. A 23 lb bag of Evo costs us about $45, and it lasts 2 weeks. They don't need too much of it to maintain a healthy weight.

If for some reason I don't want to mess with raw food(vacation/in a rush), I'm feeding Merrick (I particularly like the Wilderness Blend) I would never feed any other dry food, it's the only one I trust and think is relatively healthy as "dog food" goes.
TxDaneMom, I'll definitely try to get that info for you, I don't know it off hand but I think I can retrace where it came from and figure it out. I'd like to know as well.
Knowing that I may spend a little more per bag, but in the long run save, I have no problem feeding the highest quality I can find. And I think some people are totally unaware as to how cheap raw feeding can be. I have never spent more than $1/lb and have been able to feed a HUGE variety of proteins. It helps that we raise pigs and chickens and deer hunt every year. Boy does my dog love a whole rabbit, it's definitely her favorite.
big_smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom