What do you have planted in your garden so far ? What zone ?

Nothing, zone 5. Around here we wait until the snow is gone from Mt. Spokane and it's still there......
th.gif

I am in upstate NY, zone 4/5 depending on the plant.

I have two gardens, plus containers.

We planted potatoes (never done them before) corn, carrots, tomatoes (beef, roma, grape, vine, and a regular heirloom dropper) watermelon and pumpkins, and onions in the sun garden. oh and butternut and acorn squash.

In the shade we have greenbeans, lima beans, wax beans, snow peas, pod peas, cukes, pickle cukes, broccoli x18, lettuce and spinach

I ran out of room for the peppers, so theyre in containers. Green bells and anahiem.

I just got the last of everything in today, and the corn popped out of the earth while the sun was out.

We also have raspberries and iam planting blackberries in a week or so.

*go me*

Most seeds, some actual plants.

This is a huge amount of plants for us this year, iam doing it to we can can, freeze and dry. I've been practicing the last couple years, and now its time to be more self sufficient. Iam hoping to not have to buy hardly anything this winter. woot!

oh, and carrots. *edit* to add that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Zone 8 here and we have a lot of stuff that we have planted:
2 types of corn
Green Beans
Wax Beans
Lettuce
Spinach
Broccoli
7 typesTomotoes
5 types Peppers
Califlower
Turnips
Beets
Swiss Chard
Collards
Carrots
Watermelon
Summer Squash
Winter Squash
I think there is a few more things I am forgetting. We grow most of our own veggies. Also have several fruit trees, apples, pears, plums, apricots, and pawpaws
Also have Blueberries and grapes.

hmmmm anyone want to come over and help can and freeze in a couple of months.....LOL
Sharon

I am in zone 5. I have planted:
potatoes, cabage romain lettice, tomatoes,squach and waiting for the beets to germinate.
smile.png

· 3 variety of tomatoes
· 3 variety of peppers
· eggplant
· cucumber
· shallots
· leaks
· scallions
· beets
· turnips
· rutabagas
· 4 variety of radish
· 4 variety of lettuce
· green beans
· peas
· asparagus
· strawberry
· okra
· radicchio
· 2 variety of corn
· 2 variety of potato
· Brussels sprouts
· Cabbage
· Cauliflower
· Broccoli
· 3 variety of carrots
· kohlrabi
· kale
· swiss chard
· spinach
· parsnip

I don't eat all of this or even a lot of it, my favorite part is growing it and then giving it away.

I think zone 5

David

Last edited:
wow it's been a while since someone has posted here!
D.gif
spring is on the way...so I am getting ready to start lots of veggies... I'm taking a whack at sweet potatoes this year to!
tongue.png

oh and zone 7
cool.png

Last edited:
Nothing
sad.png
its all snow and mud here. Cold, but getting warmer at least
ya.gif

I go to Michigan tomorrow with my class to get plant material from Rakers Acres for the greenhouse on campus
smile.png
I guess I have done planting lol mostly Geraniums.
Zone 5

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom