what does the Fed think they are doing Now

Status
Not open for further replies.
With all the experience he crows about, one would think that McCain would have learned from his past mistakes, especially his most monumental blunder involving his dealings with Charles Keating who swindled many millions of dollars in the savings and Loan scandal in the 1980s and 90s. McCain took gifts and contributions, trips on Keating's jet and stays at the crook's home. McCain and one of his wives (I forget if it is the current one or the one he dumped,) invested money in real estate projects with his friend. In return, McCain intervened with Federal regulators on behalf of the crook Keating, right up to the point Keating was about to be indicted, then he slunk away and later returned the gifts and contributions.

So when McCain's campaign accuses Obama of "palling around with terrorists" to imply some mythical guilt by association because he served on a civic committee wiith a certain individual, McCain literally did "pal around" with a crook that swindled Americans of their life savings.

McCain was accused but never indicted for his role as one of the "Keating Five," (invesitgators finally only criticized him of "poor judgment") but apparenty he did not learn any lessons from his intimate involvement about how deregulation of a financial industry invariably leads to the type of abuse and criminal acts that led to the Savings and Loan scandal and now the current mortgage scandal.

His hands-off policy of deregulation led to the problems we have today. McCain has experience. He just didn't learn from it.

Listen to your chickens when they say "Baawraack."

Wayne

Uh, Wayne? McCain was completely exonerated. He admitted it was bad on his part, and the Federal Prosecutors dropped the case. Your pall Nobama won't even admit the slightest knowledge of a church he attended for 20 years, nor a 'guy in the neighborhood' who held the politcal party that launched Nobama's career. And I really don't like being put in the position of defending McCain, as I've said, he will harm me less- so I'm voting for him.

As I said, my birds know better than to squack Baawraack.

"Bawrack"....

Just like most Democrats I know... taking advice from bird brains.

Sorry I couldn't resist.

Quote:
wayne seriously , he took vacations with those individuals, he did a little more than sit across from them in a board room. and a few attend that church or whatever it is with him and that "pastor"

I DON'T SUPPORT ETHIER!!!!!
I VOTE NONE OF THE ABOVE!

Well the trillion dollars that the gov'ment threw at financial institutions this week only made the market go down.

Government intervention has NEVER worked... Not ever.

McCain and Obama both voted for it. Shame on McCain.

That's right, shame on McCain. If a simple former business manager like me could see it wouldn't work I have no idea why the geniuses in Washington couldn't figure it out. McCain would have been totally safe and righteous to vote against it, but he's as wrapped up in Washington politics as anyone else. We need someone who doesn't care, but anyone like that will never get through the morass that is Washington.

Quote:
This isn't actually correct, and I'm sad that I knew that.
hmm.png
I've got three family members battling cancer, another uncle recovering from triple bypass, and a spouse in recovery from a serious health problem, as well, and I'm way stressed and not sleeping. So anyway, it just so happens that while extremely bored, I actually sat and watched EVERY SINGLE CAMPAIGN AD from BOTH parties. I don't recommend it--it was BRUTAL. :eek:

Anyway, here's the actual text from the ad you're talking about--I can see where the confusion came from. CNN has all the ads on video, with written transcripts beside the player--the ads for both candidates are clearer when you can read along.

"On taxes, who's on your side? John McCain pledges hundreds of billions in corporate tax breaks; billions for oil companies; but for a hundred million households, nothing. And McCain's health plan would tax benefits for the first time ever, meaning higher income taxes for millions.

Barack Obama: No tax hikes on any families earning less than a quarter million dollars, and three times as much middle-class tax relief as McCain. For the change we need."

Again, let me emphasize, for those who want to safeguard their mental health--watching Republican and Democrat presidential candidates' campaign advertisements all at once: NOT recommended. :eek:

And if you believe the Obama add, I've got some fantastic shares of GM I'd like to sell you.

While I would, personally, say the same of McCain/Palin (many times over), I would like to point out that in my post above, I never stated an opinion on either candidate--I was simply correcting a mistaken interpretation of the text of an ad. I'd have done the same if it had been a misinterpretation of one of the McCain ads I watched.

There's more than enough mendacity to go around, I assure you.

McCain admits he was a close personal friend of the crook, Keating. If McCain is so keen on raising guilt by association issues with his opponent and call for an inquiry, I suggest we reopen the inquiry into his conduct that may have contributed to the last economic bail-out.

While MCain may have been "exonerated" as is claimed, he was "criticized" for having been a staunch defender of his friend up to the point it was clear the handcuffs were coming out and Keating was on his way to prison. Most observers at the time criticized the decision as a white-wash.

Americans are still paying off over $500 billion (including interest) that Keating and his henchmen cost us.

I also suggest that McCain has been known to "pal around" with G. Gordon Liddy, a convicted criminal imprisoned for his criminal activity involving break-ins of political rivals and critics of his boss, Richard Nixon. Liddy is still a political contributer and McCain has appeared on Liddy's radio program, though not the particular episode in which Liddy explained to his radio audience the best way to kill Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms agents. ("Head shots, head shots.... Kill the sons of b____s.") Though that particular terrorist advice didn't land him in prison, McCain's "pal" and contributor did serve 4 1/2 years for his prior criminal activity.

So, again, as long as McCain and his attack dog want to launch an inquiry into Obama's associations, by all means let's take another look at McCain's also. Let's start with these two.

Now, please, someone remind me what the alleged terrorist that is supposedly Obama's "pal" was convicted of and what was the 8 year old Obama's involvement?

Wayne

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom