what is my girl doing? broody??

MamaMarcy

Songster
8 Years
Aug 28, 2011
Snohomish, WA
My barred rock usually lays an egg daily (at least 6 times a week). I always take the eggs right away. Now 3 more of my pullets have started lying. We have 6 nesting boxes but the darned birds all lay in the same box (is that normal??) Anyhow, ElizaJane sits in her nest for up to an hour, lays, then walks away. When I went to collect her egg this morning, there were two eggs there with her still sitting on them. Both eggs were very warm, like she had been sitting awhile.

the only recent changes are the other girls starting to lay and we reintroduced our rooster back to the flock yesterday (after a week of isolation for injuries)

I need the same info but no one seems to answer our posts, please I posted this morning on my hen and to see if you could help me find out if she is broody. I posted this morning and yet to get an answer.

Hopefully someone will offer some good info. I'm about to go out and look for our daily "pale' egg so am curious to see if she's sittign on it...

pop.gif
Must be something in the air......I just posted a similar question at about the same time as this one!

Back
Top Bottom