what is this?

busdriver9799

In the Brooder
9 Years
Aug 19, 2010
We had a surprise this morning. Brand new chickens mysteriously showed up in our coop. I went from 24 chickens to 45! Seriously I went out as usual this morning and it was standing room only! I had to get my kids to look because I seriously thought something was wrong with my mind. Anyway I was able to seperate them out and get them in a different enclosure and I've figured out the breed and sex of everyone but one. I know it's a hen, she's laid already a light brown/white egg. I'll try to get a pic tomorrow I forgot today. She's bantam size and black with a tail that curves up sharply. Reminds me of the Japanese one. What's really strange is her com. If looking at her the front looks like a v, with I think three more v's behind it. I've never seen that before. Thanks Angela

sounds like someone who didn't want thier flock anymore dumped them on you. it's been known to happen. from your discription the one you discribed sounds like a mix, but pic would help. the three v'd comb might be a pea comb. do you plan to keep them?

I'll probably keep them, unless I can find good homes. I'll keep them at least until I know they're healthy, wouldn't want to give a friend a sick chick. I'll post a pic tomorrow.

wow, doubled your flock....at least who dumped them, didn't do it on the side of the road! Post pics, and yes you are right to keep them apart for a bit...

Back
Top Bottom