What is your girls' favorite treats?

Guacamole!!! I was surprised-- it went in a few seconds.

Mine seem to react most excitedly to any sort of MEAT item. Set it and run!

They also love swiss chard, grapes, yogurt, melon seeds, bread with olive oil, pepper leaves, strawberry greens, and oats.

Edited to add that my leghorn roo has a sweet-tooth. He loves bananas and sticky buns.
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Sometimes I take my girls crumble, about 1/2 cup, and mix it with about 1/4 cup of rolled or instant oats. If I use rolled oats I rub it in my hands to break it up. Then I put in hot water and mix it up like a paste, so the crumble breaks down and the oats cook a bit. Then I add cold water to make it an edible temp. I make it so it is warm and soupy and the LOVE it! That will be a regular cold weather treat for them.

I love that Chobani Greek Yogurt, especially the mango flavor. Whenever I eat a cup outside they come running and jump up on me to eat the chunks of mango off my spoon! They love the yogurt too but they really go for the fruit pieces. Then they thank me by wiping the yogurt off their beaks on my pants!
barnie.gif

One of their other favs is garden grubs. You know, those white grubs you get in your garden or lawn. Whenever they see me digging or using my cultivator they come running right into the soil i am working in and start feverishly scratching for grubs. Really funny to watch!

By the way, I cured two of my girls of sour crop by taking about 1 cup of plain yogurt and adding about two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil to it. They loved it and it cleared up their sour crop pretty quickly. I would give them the yogurt at least four times per week.

Last edited:
Cherry tomatoes and blueberries are the favs. My Brahma will eat the tomatoes whole in like 2 seconds. They also really like sliced cucumbers, grasses, strawberries. They will not eat breads at all, it will just lay there.

Last edited:
Watermelom, blueberries, spinach, arugala, whole grain bread soaked in buttermilk, dried mealworms and the most important....BOSS......that's the bribe food
lol.png

I've given mine watermelon, corn on the cob, mealworms, grapes, blackberries, strawberry yogurt, fresh spinach, yard clippings, and a seed, nut and dried fruit treat mix from Tractor Supply. The treat mix is by far their favorite so far. I shake the box and call "Chick, chick, chick!" and they'll follow me anywhere! Even the new, younger ones that I adopted have figured it out, and are much friendlier since I started doing this a few times a week. Sometimes daily if they have been stressed. It is very calming for them!

Back
Top Bottom