What sex is my baby Easter egger?

Looks like a pullet to me. The full tail and pale comb makes me think pullet. Another sexing tip I've heard of with pea comb chickens is if the comb has 3 distinct rows of peas it's a cockerel. Hope this helps!

That's what I've been unsure about: the comb! I'm thankful it's still pale. The middle row is obvious, but the other rows are there... very very tiny nubs, but still there. So with the mixture of the red feathers and comb, I'm not sure. I hadn't heard anything about the full tail, but thanks!

That's what I've been unsure about: the comb! I'm thankful it's still pale. The middle row is obvious, but the other rows are there... very very tiny nubs, but still there. So with the mixture of the red feathers and comb, I'm not sure. I hadn't heard anything about the full tail, but thanks!

A pea comb always has three rows. It's just that for cockerels and roosters the side rows are much more distinct.

Too young to be certain, but I got one in a recent hatch that could be a twin. Mine's definitely a cockerel.
DSCN0527.JPG

Third from the front.
1091285-3b5454ef60fdb22b9d97d84db41f156b.jpg

Same chick, at 14 weeks

Awe, what a gorgeous little chicken!! I'd so far say pullet, but I'm not super familiar with chickens yet. By that age, my 3 R.I.R Roosters had quite the little combs on them. lol As for the darker coloring, and as stated by another comment above (forgot to quote it and it's on the other page, grr) about R.I.R Roosters tending to have a darker coloring, I wouldn't be 100% worried about that from what I've seen with my chickens. 4 of my R.I.R Hens/Pullets (only about 4 months) are fairly light, but one of them is super dark; darker than my roosters! lol

Awe, what a gorgeous little chicken!! I'd so far say pullet, but I'm not super familiar with chickens yet. By that age, my 3 R.I.R Roosters had quite the little combs on them. lol As for the darker coloring, and as stated by another comment above (forgot to quote it and it's on the other page, grr) about R.I.R Roosters tending to have a darker coloring, I wouldn't be 100% worried about that from what I've seen with my chickens. 4 of my R.I.R Hens/Pullets (only about 4 months) are fairly light, but one of them is super dark; darker than my roosters! lol

That was me. I didn't mean the overall color is darker, just that there are darker red patches on the wings of red males.

Back
Top Bottom