What sorts of noises do your chickens make?

I just love the sounds my chooks make. Lots of clucking, clicking, purring. When I come around the corner and see me, there's a lot of coco-ing (like they're saying "coco").

Big surprise for me recently is that my salmon favorelle pullet has started crowing. Still laying a beautiful egg every day

my favorite girl (who is very loving and sweet) can cluck in a very funny way. i think she has dreams of bonking the president on the head with a bat or something cuz she will often say BAARAAAK BONK! it is hilarious!
lau.gif
i love the BONK on the end. i had never heard a chicken cluck that way before!

My favorite noises is when I bring them treats they haven't seen before. They are very curious, come over with their "what the HECK IS THAT???" sounds and then some do a "OHHH yikes that looks weird!!!" sound and back off to investigate from afar and let the other more brave girls get close and then the brave girls do the "hmmmm....looks tasty" call and go in for a taste. The not so brave ones then come in after the "all clear" from the brave girls. Very entertaining! I love trying to learn their language
tongue.png

My girls are getting LOUD! I can't really imitate the sound or even spell it. It's kind of like a Bagock... bock bock bock..... but loud. LOL

Quote:
YES! Mine do that too, it's so funny to hear! And I even call it the "what the heck is that?" noise
lol.png
It's like a strange cluck, different from anything else they do. The best was when my DH cut the head off a deer he'd killed (he wanted to keep the skull). I wanted to see what they would do, so I took it over to them. Oh my gosh, they did that noise so loud and long, and I would poke the deer head and make it move, and they'd jump back and make the noise again then move in a little closer. . . I so wish I had that on video, it was great!

Quote:
YES! Mine do that too, it's so funny to hear! And I even call it the "what the heck is that?" noise
lol.png
It's like a strange cluck, different from anything else they do. The best was when my DH cut the head off a deer he'd killed (he wanted to keep the skull). I wanted to see what they would do, so I took it over to them. Oh my gosh, they did that noise so loud and long, and I would poke the deer head and make it move, and they'd jump back and make the noise again then move in a little closer. . . I so wish I had that on video, it was great!

Oh man, that's great! They do - what I seem to think - is a little scream cause they are well...chicken. They scream "what the heck is that??!?!?!?", back off then get a little braver, then scream again, back off, get braver and the cycle continues
wink.png
They probably thought they were going to be eaten! by a deer..... Ha!
gig.gif
ahhh shoot...they are great
love.gif

My new wyandottes "sing". They coo in a really pretty singing sort of voice, took me awhile to figure out where on earth the singing birds were. Have never heard a chicken sing. My prod red growls constantly at me, I think it's a sign of affection or asking for treats cause she is always underfeet when I'm out and only growls at me. Everyone else makes normal chicken sounds.

Back
Top Bottom