What treat did your chickies get today?

Yesterday mine had a banana and some shredded lemon balm. I tried the lemon balm whole but they are still on the young side and didn't know how to break it apart. They ignored the banana for a few minutes before one of them decided to peck at it (one way down the totem pole so I was surprised), then it was a free for all.

Today the girls had some cherries and some celery (different times). I need to remember to chop things even smaller then I think I need to. Queen Zebe (the barred rock) is a snack hog.

Some rolls I put in a hanging cage, a couple deviled eggs left over from memorial day and some grapes. My girls love grapes and rasiens.

Your chickens like olives? Mine don't. I thought it was because they are salty and I read that chickens avoid a lot of salt. But maybe mine just don't like the taste period

Your chickens like olives? Mine don't. I thought it was because they are salty and I read that chickens avoid a lot of salt. But maybe mine just don't like the taste period
These are olives that my mother makes herself. She does the whole brine thing which really just removes the bitterness of the olive. Then she soaks them in iced water for about a week to get as much brine out of the olive as possible. They grab them and run around playing take-away for a bit then gobble them up.

Back
Top Bottom