What treat did your chickies get today?

The funny thing is now that my mom is older she refuses to eat any eggs except one store bought brand. She says my eggs are not fit to eat because I give them some food scraps and they have a huge run to free range in and they get to eat bugs LOL

She says chickens shouldn't be as spoiled and bratty as the dogs its not natural. sigh

Funny how brain works when people gets older. My in laws won't buy eggs from us, they prefer store bought that taste like meds.
1f644.png
1f633.png

Funny how brain works when people gets older. My in laws won't buy eggs from us, they prefer store bought that taste like meds.
1f644.png
1f633.png

My sister asked if I felt it was safe to eat eggs from my chickens? Made no sense to me as my coop is cleaned daily, girls eat organic feed and vegetables. I don't understand why someone would prefer store bought eggs raised in horrid conditions?

I still know how to clean squirrels and rabbits or cleaning and skinning fish from my dad but he never butchered the farm animals but i would love to know how. From mom i still know how to can and freeze fruits and veggies. Both of them sewed and quilted and dad thought me how to mechanic and build.

The funny thing is now that . She smy mom is older she refuses to eat any eggs except one store bought brandays my eggs are not fit to eat because I give them some food scraps and they have a huge run to free range in and they get to eat bugs LOL

She says chickens shouldn't be as spoiled and bratty as the dogs its not natural. sigh
I don't know how to clean anything...yet
roll.png
, but I will if I need to. Ahh, my Mom is 85, they had chickens, they didn't even buy feed for them back then, just let them forage and threw out scraps, etc. Mine have just started laying, but she really doesn't think she wants any eggs because I have a cockerel. If she took the eggs, she would have to scratch out the "part where the rooster has been", I'm assuming it's the bullseye in the egg yolk?!? They do get funny in their old age. I think when I get that old I'm just gonna cause all sorts of trouble
old.gif

Warm quinoa and oatmeal with blueberries, kale, shredded carrots, beets and BOSS. Girls loved the beets!
Good to know! I usually grow some beets, but didn't this year (too lazy
wink.png
), but I'll put some in.

1f644.png
1f633.png
So that's while everyone walks around like zombies.

My sister asked if I felt it was safe to eat eggs from my chickens? Made no sense to me as my coop is cleaned daily, girls eat organic feed and vegetables. I don't understand why someone would prefer store bought eggs raised in horrid conditions?
No idea. I just getting a few and they are wonderful! I do have 1/2carton of store bought left, I needed some for baking at Christmas, I'll be glad when all my girls start to lay and not have to buy any.

Ok, today's treats: cracked corn, grass clippings and clover, oatmeal.

Last edited:
I guess some people enjoy the extra hormone and antibiotic exposure...... I just wish people would educate themselves.

No treats for my girls today..... they have been far too spoiled lately and I want them to actually eat the feed I buy them...... They are going to be very angry with me tonight.

I just getting a few and they are wonderful! I do have 1/2carton of store bought left, I needed some for baking at Christmas, I'll be glad when all my girls start to lay and not have to buy any.

Ok, today's treats: cracked corn, grass clippings and clover, oatmeal.
My hens are 7 months old and for the last few days I am getting 14 eggs out of 16 hens and some days 2 of my white leghorns lay 2 jumbo eggs a piece. I am selling eggs and giving them as gifts to the people who help me when my MS is acting up, and i donated 2 dozen to a family in need who both lost their jobs last month. Even with all of that i still have 5 dozen in the fridge.

Back
Top Bottom