What type of bantam is this ?

Bluethehen

In the Brooder
Mar 1, 2020
I bought two mixed bantam chicks in may and Rosie, the little yellow one just started to lay, I have no idea what she is !
She has blue legs with some feathers there. She also has a rose comb and a more ‘square ‘ or boxy head.

I think my other one is some kind of light Sussex cross but I’m not sure !
perhaps they aren’t even bantam on both parents sides ? Because they are much larger than my little Old English Game Bantam.
If anyone wants to hazard a guess I’d be most grateful
:)

Attachments

• BC76748F-52E2-4532-AE67-3C13B63F0EEB.jpeg
    BC76748F-52E2-4532-AE67-3C13B63F0EEB.jpeg
    196.2 KB · Views: 46
  • BB3A42F7-1E37-48F5-88ED-8A3B8F246CDC.png
    BB3A42F7-1E37-48F5-88ED-8A3B8F246CDC.png
    4.6 MB · Views: 8
  • A61F5CEC-1728-4A12-A1FF-016AEFA1D021.jpeg
    A61F5CEC-1728-4A12-A1FF-016AEFA1D021.jpeg
    660.3 KB · Views: 8
  • 857A67CF-D769-44A6-B40D-F0238C2B3DAA.png
    857A67CF-D769-44A6-B40D-F0238C2B3DAA.png
    4.3 MB · Views: 8
  • 9C3FDDA7-7FE9-4036-AE2B-D7DA530C84FC.png
    9C3FDDA7-7FE9-4036-AE2B-D7DA530C84FC.png
    4.6 MB · Views: 8
EE bantams? What color eggs are they laying? Any idea what hatchery they're from? They are beautiful.
Hi thank you so much for your reply ! She lays beige/cream/pinky eggs. Also she’s from my neighbours flock and he lets all his chickens bantams, hybrids etc together so I wouldn’t know where he got them from. Sorry :( I’d say cross breed like this are common though ?

I bought two mixed bantam chicks in may and Rosie, the little yellow one just started to lay, I have no idea what she is !
She has blue legs with some feathers there. She also has a rose comb and a more ‘square ‘ or boxy head.

I think my other one is some kind of light Sussex cross but I’m not sure !
perhaps they aren’t even bantam on both parents sides ? Because they are much larger than my little Old English Game Bantam.
If anyone wants to hazard a guess I’d be most grateful
:)
EE bantams? What color eggs are they laying? Any idea what hatchery they're from? They are beautiful.

Hi thank you so much for your reply ! She lays beige/cream/pinky eggs. Also she’s from my neighbours flock and he lets all his chickens bantams, hybrids etc together so I wouldn’t know where he got them from. Sorry :( I’d say cross breed like this are common though ?
Yep! They'd definitely be mixed breeds if they're from your neighbor. I missed the first part of your post somehow, lol. Sorry for that. They're gorgeous. Any idea what breeds your neighbor has?

Yep! They'd definitely be mixed breeds if they're from your neighbor. I missed the first part of your post somehow, lol. Sorry for that. They're gorgeous. Any idea what breeds your neighbor has?
he has a of weird silkie crosses they almost look like green legged partridge chicken and silkie crosses and some Brahma silkie crosses old English game bantams, light Sussex, brown leghorns,black laced red wyndottes and lots of ex batts I think he also has a show flock of buff orpingtons, some amber star roosters. He also recently got some mottled ranger pullets ( I think this is an Irish breed ? There is only one place you can get them here anyway) www.freewaypoulty.ie

Ohhh, it could be almost any of those then. Your link didn't work. I've never heard of those before, they sound cool! Did you ask him if he has any idea what they could be?
forgot the r in poultry ! He has no idea as he sells a lot of his adults often so it could be anything really, he thinks one is from his Sussex and he thinks the yellow one is from his Wilkie cross. The link should work now www.freewaypoultry.ie

Ohhh, it could be almost any of those then. Your link didn't work. I've never heard of those before, they sound cool! Did you ask him if he has any idea what they could be?
The link still isn’t working but look up “freeway poultry” and the website should come up, :)

Back
Top Bottom