Whats the Quality of this Silver Penciled rock rooster ? * Experts!*

LMEggs

Show Me Feathers Poultry CO
11 Years
May 4, 2008
I just got this new roo and put him with my lovely single pullet and I was wondering his quality. His name is Bubba and the pullet didn't have a name but since her new roo is here I decided she would be a lovely "Ally" Considering it's hard to find silver penciled rocks and the lady at work just happen to have one I am siked to have this roo anyway I think hes decent atleast I was just wondering what others thought.
Heres a side color shot
9872_sprock.jpg

Other shots (His lady friend is very young and not laying yet and shes rubbed the feathers under her beak down due to putting her head through the fence before I put her with this new roo in a new pen I see that her feet are slightly pale I am feeding some corn to try and help that)
9872_picture_592.jpg

9872_picture_593.jpg

9872_picture_600.jpg

9872_picture_596.jpg

He looks nice to me, but I'm not an expert on this breed. (only my girls made it to maturity, coon got the boys) So here's a bump!
hide.gif

Last edited:
They should have 5 points on their comb. I'm wondering - does he have 4 or 5 points? I'm learning and am still confused by the number of points. The part that is the blade, on the left side, is that a point coming off of it, or no? Would it be point number 5 or is that whole thing considered the blade?

Thanks for the pic - I can see why you love this variety!

He has a place on part of his comb toward the front where a 5th point was it has healed now but its a tiny stub where it was. you can kind of see it on the front of his comb I am not sure if it was frost bite or the previous owners had a roo and they fought. i'll check the standard

love.gif
WOW!!!! I am no expert, but he looks good!!!!! nice wide back, thats good on any chicken, looks like excellent coloring, beautiful comb, nice legs. I would certainly want one like him.

the stub is to the right of his comb in the front

nice comb! color looks good but his tail looks a bit off but I may be wrong.
punky

Last edited:
Not sure the previous owner got him at a auction thats about all I know. What seems off about his tail ? only thing I can see is he has lost a few feathers in it ?

Back
Top Bottom