What's wrong with my chicken?

Xistina

In the Brooder
Mar 18, 2019
My hen is acting ill. She is losing her feathers and butt seems swollen and red. I soaked her in Epson salt and she had some minor paste I found when cleaning. I will secure her from the other chickens tomorrow morning. I haven't seen her being picked on but she might be. Either way I'll isolate her to keep her and the others safe

I just don't know what is wrong with her. I took a pic of her butt after cleaning it today. Any one know?

Thanks for any advice and help.
20200508_192635.jpg

She is also isolating and not eating today.

Attachments

• 20200508_192635.jpg
    20200508_192635.jpg
    357.9 KB · Views: 0
Thank you for your reply. Surprisingly she's doing much better and I swear she was on her last leg when I was taking care of her initially. I just took some Epsom salt water and soaked her bun in it for a few days in a row and gave her some probiotic basically some plain yogurt and she ate that up. I have a feeling that she got into some molded bird seed that I had out front when I was free-ranging the birds. I found the molded seeds that were rained on and got rid of them. That's the only thing I could think of that made her sick. Thank you for checking in and I'm glad to report good news

Back
Top Bottom