What's you plan for 2024 chicks!

Yes, they are already quite pretty! Here is one of them, the only one that I have taken a close up shot of
20231227_142128.jpg
. He is the youngest boy on the property, and he has already fathered more babies than all others combined. Lady Gaga was 6 months old when his chicks were born, I would not worry about fertility. I have seen Evvie before, she's GORGEOUS!

I'm probably going to get nothing this year. We have enough chickens and honestly there is no room for any more! I would want to breed April (Blue Easter Egger Bantam pullet) and Slate (Blue Cochin Bantam cockerel) to see which colors their chicks would come out as, but Slate has a natural leg deformity and I wouldn't want that to get passed down.

I'm going to be hatching mostly purebreds this year as well. I'll have Ameraucanas, Swedish Flower Hens, Dark Brahma, BCM, and silkies in March. Then hopefully more silkies later summer and maybe some lavender Ameraucana bantams, and Old English bantams (for the hubby, of course...), no promises that some EEs or silkie mixes won't accidently end up in the incubator too though!

We bought some silkies in Dec and the lady also had an Old English lavender pair, we would have brought them home but she didn't say anything about them being available until the next day. And it was a 3 hour drive to get there so it just didn't work out to go back. They were gorgeous!

The local breeder I'll be getting everything except the silkies from has a friend with OE bantams so we will get some eggs from them. My hubby really wants the OE bantams so... I can't say no. 🤣 he thought the lavender Ameraucana bantams are cute too, didn't say he wanted any, but I'm reading between the lines here. They have the cutest and most beautiful little blue eggs 😍 so I'm having these dreams of a special bantam egg basket with tiny cute blue and white eggs. What will I do with them? I really don't know 🤣🤣🤣 I guess make some single serving 12 egg omelettes? Depending on how easily they peel, I'm sure they would be perfect for pickled eggs.
Lavender is a very beautiful color variety!

Naked necks, frizzles, phoenix, sultan, and blue andalusian, all pullets. And also show quality BCM, of which I will keep one roo and all of the hens. Also hatch some of my own bantam cochins, and eggs from my mixed flock. I also want to buy either ayam cemani eggs or indio gigante eggs. I will be hatching from my turkeys, will sell hens and butcher toms. I will also buy cornish x chicks and jumbo pekin ducklings. Might get some ducks to keep, too.

Back
Top Bottom