What's your chicken's/chickens' favorite snack/treat?

Red grapes!

My barred rock, Rhoda, is absolutely nuts for them. She jumps up and pecks the bowl I carry them out in, or me if she can't reach the bowl. She's low in the pecking order but she's figured out a loophole - she'll start at a distance and run at me, grab a grape and keep running before the older birds can get a peck in.

They also love watermelon, cukes, corn on the cob and scrambled eggs. Yes, their own eggs. It's a rare treat for them. They'll also try to eat the dog's food if she's fed in the yard. The poor dog gets so flustered she'll try and carry her bowl away, and of course the birds will parade after her, pecking up the kibble she drops.

Pictured: Rhoda the Grapesaurus rex IMG_20200604_171735672.jpg

Red grapes!

My barred rock, Rhoda, is absolutely nuts for them. She jumps up and pecks the bowl I carry them out in, or me if she can't reach the bowl. She's low in the pecking order but she's figured out a loophole - she'll start at a distance and run at me, grab a grape and keep running before the older birds can get a peck in.

They also love watermelon, cukes, corn on the cob and scrambled eggs. Yes, their own eggs. It's a rare treat for them. They'll also try to eat the dog's food if she's fed in the yard. The poor dog gets so flustered she'll try and carry her bowl away, and of course the birds will parade after her, pecking up the kibble she drops.

Pictured: Rhoda the Grapesaurus rexView attachment 2313769
Go, Rhonda!!!! Get your grapes!

Back
Top Bottom