When can baby chicks go outside? Chick names?

Mine all have names that have an "ie" or "y" at the end so they have that same sylabol at the end. SunnIE, DaisY, QuanIE, GracIE, RosIE, MarY.

I wish I could manage to find out how to start a new thread

Are you on a phone or tablet? If you are there is a little box with an arrow on the top right hand corner of the screen. Click/tap it. A menu slides into your screen. At the bottem of the menu is the option to start a new thread.

Cute babies! I hadn't even thought to take my newbies outside so I'm glad I saw this thread! We chose the EcoGlow ( aka "electric hen" ) so I'm very interested in offering them the most biologically normal experience... We're in sunny GA and outside time does make much sense. We have them brooding in a spacious but cozy coop and they are so curious and energetic, I bet they would love the yard! Because we have 5 different breeds totaling 15 chicks, we chose names that help us connect them to their type: My two Boys and I chose:

Anconas: Alice, Ana, & Aria.

Barred Rocks: Barberella, Barelle, & Barine.

Ameraucanas: Eana, Elsa, & Eva.

Leghorns: Lana, Legs, & Lokia.

Buff Orpingtons: Opal, Orienne, & Orpa. LOL! WE LOVE THEM!

I named my three chicks based on their personalities.

Beatrice, named after Tris from Divergent because she's small but very brave, and she always stands up for herself.

Then there's Keisha, because she's bright and always happy; the name means great joy.

Finally, there's Mackenzie, as her name means the fair one and people with this name are described as adventurous and rebellious.

Good luck naming your chicks. Keep us updated
big_smile.png

I named my three chicks based on their personalities.

Beatrice, named after Tris from Divergent because she's small but very brave, and she always stands up for herself.

Then there's Keisha, because she's bright and always happy; the name means great joy.

Finally, there's Mackenzie, as her name means the fair one and people with this name are described as adventurous and rebellious.

Good luck naming your chicks. Keep us updated :D

I absolutely LOVE how you named your chickens! In my next batch I'm doing what you did!!:D

Back
Top Bottom