when can the goslings

danielle82

A Good Egg
10 Years
Apr 27, 2009
Tonasket Wa
When can I let my goslings in the bathtub with a little bit of water? Do I need to wait till they start getting their feathers? I don't actually mean let them swim, but in the bathtub waith maybe a couple inches of water. They seem to like standing their waterer in the brooder a lot, so I am wondering when they will be old enough to actually play in some water?

I usually let them have a little paddle in warm water at 5 days old. Just make sure they're under a heat lamp to dry off afterwards.

Okay, Thank you! They are on day 4 now so I guees in the next couple of days! Yay
yippiechickie.gif

I would suggest not letting the water get too deep, just a few inches... But man, do they love to swim! I just bathed my 5 day-old goslings today and they were paddling around and diving like little frogs... Absolutely adorable. Remember to keep them warm and they will be fine.

Good luck.
smile.png

Isn't it cute when they dive and swim under water
big_smile.png
Mine are about five weeks old and don't do it so much any more (that bathtub has been shrinking like mad lately). Seems like only the goslings do it, I never saw my mature geese playing Deep Sea Monster.

Back
Top Bottom