Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Pro Stock

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Country Junction

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Agrimaster

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Here in Alberta, I buy Country Junction feed. It's non-medicated, and I buy it because it's fairly local, and much cheaper than the farm store.

Country Junction? I've never heard of it. Are you satisfied with the results it brings?

Scratch and Peck & Blue Seal

I'll put Scratch and Peck down :)

Purina Layena Omega 3 pellets.

I've heard such great reviews on the omega 3 feed, I wish my girls would try it :p

I use that also and Pro Stock feed...:frow

Pro Stock? I'll put it down as well :)

They would, if not allowed free feed access every hour that they are awake.

Do you always keep their feed out? I just throw them a few handfuls of layer feed when I let them out at dawn, and I fill their feeder with a bucketful of layer feed at dusk. They free range in between feeding hours ;)

I feed what is available, generally. Although I tend to stick with two or three brands.
I primarily feed Nature Wise layer pellets.
I also often use Purina Layena pellets.
If I buy my feed at Farm and Fleet I feed Agrimaster All Flock.

I've used Dumor a few times and will never use it again. My layers were sick and lethargic on Dumor. All but 1 chick I raised on Dumor Chick Starter died. I don't trust that brand.

I feed what is available, generally. Although I tend to stick with two or three brands.
I primarily feed Nature Wise layer pellets.
I also often use Purina Layena pellets.
If I buy my feed at Farm and Fleet I feed Agrimaster All Flock.

I've used Dumor a few times and will never use it again. My layers were sick and lethargic on Dumor. All but 1 chick I raised on Dumor Chick Starter died. I don't trust that brand.

I've never used Nature Wise, is it as dependable as Purina Layena? Agrimaster? I'll add it!
I'm with you on Dumor! Plus when I fed my chickens Dumor their poo was stinkier than ever :(

Nature's Best here! They really embrace organics - it's not just an option from them, so there is less chance of contamination. Also, I simply appreciate that they only make organics, so I know my choice puts less chemicals into our soil and water. And lastly, they really won me over when my first eggs showed up right on time and were perfect from day 1. No soft shells or odd shapes or anything. And I do not have to give them any oyster shells - it is a perfect feed all alone.

I've never used Nature Wise, is it as dependable as Purina Layena? Agrimaster? I'll add it!
I'm with you on Dumor! Plus when I fed my chickens Dumor their poo was stinkier than ever :(
I actually find the Nature Wise to be more dependable than Purina Layena. In my experience, my hens laid more on Nature Wise, handled molts much better and kept a good weight. Not to say that they dropped weight on Purina but their molts were harder and longer. They also did not lay as reliably; I had some hens laying 3-4 times a month. I switched and the same hens starting laying 3-4 times a week. :)

Which feed brand do you all buy? I'm just curious. I've been buying Purina's Layena crumbles for 2 years and my chickens are healthier than they've ever been. I feed them in the mornings and in the evenings, and they devour it! So, what brand do you all buy? If I've left any brand out, just let me know!

DuMOR
Producers Pride
Purina
Nature Wise
Nature's Best
Manna Pro
Blue Seal
Eggland's Best
Farmers' Helper
Kent
Healthy Harvest
Sprout
Scratch and Peck
Country Junction
Pro Stock
Agrimaster
I feed my chickens Dumor layer pellets and crushed up egg shells to make their eggs shells that they lay more hard I feed my chick's purina medicated and they all are very healthy

Nature's Best here! They really embrace organics - it's not just an option from them, so there is less chance of contamination. Also, I simply appreciate that they only make organics, so I know my choice puts less chemicals into our soil and water. And lastly, they really won me over when my first eggs showed up right on time and were perfect from day 1. No soft shells or odd shapes or anything. And I do not have to give them any oyster shells - it is a perfect feed all alone.

I actually find the Nature Wise to be more dependable than Purina Layena. In my experience, my hens laid more on Nature Wise, handled molts much better and kept a good weight. Not to say that they dropped weight on Purina but their molts were harder and longer. They also did not lay as reliably; I had some hens laying 3-4 times a month. I switched and the same hens starting laying 3-4 times a week. :)

Really? I've never even considered Nature's Best before, I'll get a bag the next time we run out of feed :D

Back
Top Bottom