Which Hatchery for Easter Eggers?

I have a couple from crackle that look really close to your bottom left two!
View attachment 2456285View attachment 2456286
View attachment 2456284
Here you can see all four along with two Turkens
View attachment 2456304
These are the shades I’m getting so far. One of them hasn’t started laying yet. I think it’s the lighter brown one that isn’t. View attachment 2456302
The only negative thing I have to say is that one has a deformed beak. They do mention on their website that their EEs have a higher chance of having crossbeak then other chicken breeds. Not sure if that’s something that is due to their breeding stock or if that’s true of all EEs🤷🏻‍♀️
They're so pretty!

Some their pictured chicks had muffs. And I asked a week or so ago and they said they rarely do packing peanuts anymore. They try to use a Heat bag first

I actually find that a bit disappointing. I was planning on ordering my Delawares, Brahmas, and Langshans from Ideal because I liked them from my in-town flock and was looking forward to the chicken dinner surprise.

I actually find that a bit disappointing. I was planning on ordering my Delawares, Brahmas, and Langshans from Ideal because I liked them from my in-town flock and was looking forward to the chicken dinner surprise.
Every time I ordered they asked if I want packing peanuts they are always barred rocks though

You sound like me. My hens are reaching the end of the peak of their production and I plan on doubling the chicks for hatching and I also have customers who buy eggs from me!
It's tough with an old flock. I have an eclectic mixed flock of all ages, breeds, and gender. 18 in total and have hardly gotten more than two eggs a day for the last three or four months. The girls are slacking lol. I'm definitely wanting to at least double the flock. With that said, one of my oldest girls has the most special place in my heart. She will be six next year. It's hard when they get old! I think she laid her last egg this year, but maybe she will surprise me.

I'm wanting to order some Easter Eggers for next year. I've ordered from MyPetChicken before and I absolutely loved her. I thought that I might try another hatchery and wanted some feedback on which one. I want some pretty EE. If they have Bantam EE it would be awesome too. If you could, please also include pictures of the ones you have. Thank you all so much!
Whiting True Blues are pretty cool, I got one this last spring from McMurray, just started laying pretty big blue eggs

I bought “Ameruacanas” from MTheathy to get my Easter Eggers. Two very healthy babies who grew up into beautiful girls. One started laying recently, and i got a nice blue! I hope the other one starts soon 🤞

I agree. I got two extra chicks, one extra poult, and three extra keets. One of the extras being an EE and a female just like I specified wanting the other three to be😁 The other free chick was in a straight run. Of the four I received of that breed I got three females and one male. It worked out perfect!
That's amazing!

Attachments

• 20201113_170021.jpg
    20201113_170021.jpg
    562.1 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom