Which Hatchery for Easter Eggers?

I ordered from Mt Healthy Hatchery which is logistically the closest hatchery to where I am. That would be my suggestion. With all of the shipping delays that are going on, I would choose a hatchery close to where you live. These are some pics of my girls and the egg colors I am getting. I have 6 EE’s in my flock. 90D5AE6F-4100-4AF0-92FC-534CAD560747.jpeg
03BEB902-F32B-49A2-8308-EEEF9DEFC552.jpeg
AE07A9A1-3742-46CB-9C6A-D9AB27272DDB.jpeg

I have a couple from crackle that look really close to your bottom left two!
View attachment 2456285View attachment 2456286
View attachment 2456284
Here you can see all four along with two Turkens
View attachment 2456304
These are the shades I’m getting so far. One of them hasn’t started laying yet. I think it’s the lighter brown one that isn’t. View attachment 2456302
The only negative thing I have to say is that one has a deformed beak. They do mention on their website that their EEs have a higher chance of having crossbeak then other chicken breeds. Not sure if that’s something that is due to their breeding stock or if that’s true of all EEs🤷🏻‍♀️
Beautiful 😍

I've been happy with every order I've received from Meyer Hatchery in Ohio. Unfortunately for 2021 their shipping costs went up. You can get smaller orders from Meyer, and so far I've had a 100% sex rate. I've had 2 EEs and an Ameraucana from them, and they all lay a nice large blue egg.
Yes, I noticed their shipping charges. So did My Pet Chicken.

Yes, I noticed their shipping charges. So did My Pet Chicken.
I live four hours from them. I'm thinking of just ordering and going to pick them up, even though that's a day off work. Gas costs will be about the same as shipping, but no mail anxiety this way. I could offer to pick up orders from local folks maybe and off set the cost entirely. Ideally.

Every time I ordered they asked if I want packing peanuts they are always barred rocks though

The ones that came with my order for my in-town flock were Production Reds. They made very tasty Arroz con Pollo.

I could offer to pick up orders from local folks maybe and off set the cost entirely.

My intent this year is to order more chicks than I need and sell chicks, started pullets, and POL pullets to offset costs.

About packing peanuts: Cackle has been very good about adding a few extra chicks in each order, and they have all been more of the breeds we have in that order! Love it! And pullets included too, very nice.
Mary
I agree. I got two extra chicks, one extra poult, and three extra keets. One of the extras being an EE and a female just like I specified wanting the other three to be😁 The other free chick was in a straight run. Of the four I received of that breed I got three females and one male. It worked out perfect!

Back
Top Bottom