IMG_0649.JPG
Our first rooster, much missed
IMG_1524 (2).JPG
One of this year's cockerels
IMG_0412 (1).JPG

Another hen.
All nice birds!
Mary

Some their pictured chicks had muffs. And I asked a week or so ago and they said they rarely do packing peanuts anymore. They try to use a Heat bag first

I actually find that a bit disappointing. I was planning on ordering my Delawares, Brahmas, and Langshans from Ideal because I liked them from my in-town flock and was looking forward to the chicken dinner surprise.

I actually find that a bit disappointing. I was planning on ordering my Delawares, Brahmas, and Langshans from Ideal because I liked them from my in-town flock and was looking forward to the chicken dinner surprise.
Every time I ordered they asked if I want packing peanuts they are always barred rocks though

I've been happy with every order I've received from Meyer Hatchery in Ohio. Unfortunately for 2021 their shipping costs went up. You can get smaller orders from Meyer, and so far I've had a 100% sex rate. I've had 2 EEs and an Ameraucana from them, and they all lay a nice large blue egg.
Yes, I noticed their shipping charges. So did My Pet Chicken.

Yes, I noticed their shipping charges. So did My Pet Chicken.
I live four hours from them. I'm thinking of just ordering and going to pick them up, even though that's a day off work. Gas costs will be about the same as shipping, but no mail anxiety this way. I could offer to pick up orders from local folks maybe and off set the cost entirely. Ideally.

Back
Top Bottom